Citation crash

Old February 16th 05, 07:58 PM
John Kirksey

Default Citation crash

My wife just forwarded me this info, anyone heard anything about it? For
whatever reason, I was checking random METARs in CO (I live here in
Richmond) today just before lunch, and for the first time I saw sky
conditions listed as VV001, which I guess means "vertical visibility 100
feet".

From NBC12 News
Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Colorado authorities say a twin-engine plane registered to Circuit City
crashed near the Pueblo airport today, killing at least seven people.

Mike Fergus with the Federal Avation Administration in Seattle says the
ten-passenger Cessna Citation was registered to Richmond-based Circuit City
Stores. It crashed just after 9 a-m. as it was approaching Pueblo Memorial
Airport.

According to Fergus, the flight originated in Richmond. That has been
confirmed here.

Circuit City says the plane carried eight passengers, four of whom were
employees of the company. No officers of the company were on board.

The National Weather Service reported low clouds, fog and freezing drizzle
at the airport at the time of the crash.

Old February 16th 05, 11:15 PM
Scott D

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 19:58:27 GMT, "John Kirksey"
wrote:

My wife just forwarded me this info, anyone heard anything about it? For
whatever reason, I was checking random METARs in CO (I live here in
Richmond) today just before lunch, and for the first time I saw sky
conditions listed as VV001, which I guess means "vertical visibility 100
feet".

Just a little bit more info was that they were following another
Citation also presumably used for Circuit City which made it down
safely. They crashed 5 miles east of Pueblo airport just off of Hwy
50. Also it sounds like there were 6 passengers and 2 pilots that
lost thier lives.

I would say that the VV is correct. We scrubed a flight to Omaha
today because of it.

Scott D.

update on Montrose crash Bob Moore Piloting 3 November 29th 04 02:38 PM
Bizzare findings of Flight 93 crash in PA on 9-11 Laura Bush murdered her boy friend Military Aviation 38 April 12th 04 08:10 PM
Bad publicity David Starer Soaring 18 March 8th 04 03:57 PM
Sunday's Crash in LI Sound Marco Leon Piloting 0 November 5th 03 04:34 PM
Cessna Citation down in Penn Cove, WA David H Piloting 10 July 25th 03 09:43 PM