Pitch vs. trim in flight phases

Old May 17th 08, 05:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

Default Pitch vs. trim in flight phases

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

Steve Foley writes:

I find your choice to of the term 'tiny tin cans' particularly
telling.

I don't hold them in the same high esteem that many private pilots
seem to. There are many types of aircraft, not just little Cessnas.
One of the advantages to simulation is that you can try flying all
sorts of Pixtels

I have fixored your poast.

Bertie
Old May 17th 08, 06:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student

In rec.aviation.piloting Mxsmanic wrote:
Robert Moore writes:

In FAR Part 23, The FAA specifies the pressures that MUST exist,
and how it MUST vary with airspeed.

Jim just said that early FBW didn't have feedback. Who's right?

Get a dictionary from someone who owns one and look up the words
"development", "reasearch", "testing", "production" and "certified".

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.
Old May 17th 08, 06:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Barry

Default Death grip on the controls

Well, the use of it doesn't require any training. However, as CFIs we
bang our heads against the wall because students don't trim often
enough. This is especially true in the pattern. If you let them,
students will build up a sweat holding the yoke with a death grip.

A good way to keep students from doing this is to have them fly with a pen or
pencil interwoven between the fingers. If the student squeezes too hard, it
hurts, which reminds the student to relax the grip.

Old May 17th 08, 06:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Dudley Henriques[_2_]

Barry wrote:
Well, the use of it doesn't require any training. However, as CFIs we
bang our heads against the wall because students don't trim often
enough. This is especially true in the pattern. If you let them,
students will build up a sweat holding the yoke with a death grip.

A good way to keep students from doing this is to have them fly with a pen or
pencil interwoven between the fingers. If the student squeezes too hard, it
hurts, which reminds the student to relax the grip.

Another good way of preventing excessive grip on the stick or yoke is to
start the student from day one handling the airplane with their
fingertips ONLY. Worked well for me for every student I taught to fly.

--
Dudley Henriques
Old May 17th 08, 07:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student

In rec.aviation.piloting Barry wrote:
Well, the use of it doesn't require any training. However, as CFIs we
bang our heads against the wall because students don't trim often
enough. This is especially true in the pattern. If you let them,
students will build up a sweat holding the yoke with a death grip.

A good way to keep students from doing this is to have them fly with a pen or
pencil interwoven between the fingers. If the student squeezes too hard, it
hurts, which reminds the student to relax the grip.

The way my instructor broke me of the death grip on the controls was
to have me establish cruise then fold my arms and fly a short cross
country using only the rudder.

I was allowed to make trim tweeks, but if I unfolded my arms for any
other reason I got a BIG gutteral noise and reminder.

On the return trip I got to hold the yoke with 2 fingers.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.
Old May 17th 08, 07:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Helen Waite

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

Many pilots here seem to cling to this idea that simulation without
motion is inadequate. I'm not sure whether they are really addicted
to motion as much as they seem to be, or whether they are just using
it as an excuse because it is one of the salient differences between a
desktop simulation and a real aircraft. Perhaps if MSFS included
motion, they'd find something else to latch onto.

Good grief. You're knowledge of aviation decreases with every post you
make.

Old May 17th 08, 07:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Benjamin Dover

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

Steve Foley writes:

I find your choice to of the term 'tiny tin cans' particularly
telling.

I don't hold them in the same high esteem that many private pilots
seem to. There are many types of aircraft, not just little Cessnas.
One of the advantages to simulation is that you can try flying all
sorts of aircraft, not just the ones for which you might have an
appropriate certification.

You're displaying your stupidity again, Anthony. Now, put your head back
up your ass.

Old May 17th 08, 07:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Benjamin Dover

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

I'm not an emotional person.

You're not a person, period. You're fecal matter attached to a keyboard.

Old May 17th 08, 07:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Dudley Henriques writes:

In addition to the practical side of the sim , I have also been
fortunate in that some of the finest designers connected with MSFS have
created exact virtual replications for me of several aircraft I have
flown and been involved with personally during my career and I have
these aircraft appearing exactly as they existed and looked in real life
even to their tail numbers in the sim to enjoy, allowing both my family
and friends to experience a bit of my tenure in aviation.

I looked at some of the companies you recommended and their aircraft seem very
cool, even though I'm not a big warbird fan. I'm always on the lookout for
companies that produce top-quality, ultrarealistic add-ons.