An open message to the group.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 16th 08, 02:32 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Clem

Default An open message to the group.

I just became aware of the other group that posts movies
as a norm. I never heard of it before and for some reason my
server doesn't carry it. I'll check with my isp.

In light of this news however, I do not apologize for posting
what the title of this group name represents, a binary format.

The fact that the word binaries is included in the group name
one would believe a movie file could be uploaded here. A simple
picture is a binary format, a movie is a binary format. What's
the difference, size?

If you want "still" pictures only, then name the group to
reflect that issue:

alt.binaries.still.pictures.aviation.

The word pictures to me means, still pictures, scanned pictures
movie pictures and anything else related to aviation that is
binary and picture related. You don't like what I post, don't
look at it. Not sure what a file is about, don't mess with it.

The way a few people here describes a binary group makes the
words binaries and pictures in the same sentence nothing but
a contradictions of terms. It's silly.

The fact that I have seen movies uploaded here by others, albeit
very rare allowed me to believe no problems should arise from it.
As far as file size, I post for the fun of it. I have no idea how
many files will be produced.

To big? I could have used yEnc and reduced the lot by a
considerable amount, but we know what yEnc will get us here.

WITCH! WITCH! yEnc is witchcraft! HA! HA! HA! HA! ya, right!

Don't come back with your facts and figures boring me with what
you have or have not seen posted here. It's obvious what I see
posted is not what you see and visa versa. That point is mute.

Does this mean animated gif's, swf files and the like are not
permitted either? It's a rhetorical question, don't answer it.

The norm here is that if anyone posts something that emphasizes
what you don't like about a file or its content, then loud-mouthed
insensitive pompous bashing commences!

I post a funny movie short not in yEnc to avoid that issue all-
together and all you people do is bitch.

Tell you what, I don't appreciate hanger queen files, I think
they are tacky and if I want to see naked women there are more
appropriate places on the Internet for that stuff.

Next time a plane goes down, don't post the information here.
There's another NG for that stuff.

Next time you find pictures of military planes, don't post them
here. There's another NG for that stuff.

Next time a safety issue for planes comes up, don't post the
information here. There's another NG for that stuff.

Next time you have pictures of R/C planes, don't post the
stuff here. There's another NG for that.

The point here as we all know it, is that they are all aviation
related and fun to share. What's the point going to numerous
NG's?

I don't waste my time viewing things I'm not interested in or
what files in my opinion are to big.

Actually, when I saw how many files my movie upload produced I
swallowed hard. I had no idea that many files would be produced.
For that fact and my oversight (as someone pointed out) for not
mentioning what the movie was about I apologize, but that's
where my apology ends.

Maybe I should start showing my condemnation for things I don't
like to see here.

Let it be known I'm not putting up with anyones crap anymore.

You don't care for me, tough. Notify my ISP of your personality
crises.

You don't like what I post, tough. As long as I stay within the
boundries of my ISP there is no problem as YOU think you see it.

Plonk me, don't view what I post, it's no skin off my nose.