We are All Brits...

Old July 9th 05, 08:31 PM
Jay Honeck

Default We are All Brits...

I'm a bit surprised that no one has brought up the horrible terrorist
attacks on London.

More importantly, I'm a bit worried that we haven't heard from any of
our British pilot friends on this group, like Paul Sengupta, Steven
Atherton, Chris Blythe, John Forster, and a host of others.

You guys okay? Our thoughts are with you and your countrymen...
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old July 9th 05, 10:39 PM
Bob Noel

In article . com,
"Jay Honeck" wrote:

I'm a bit surprised that no one has brought up the horrible terrorist
attacks on London.

I figured that it wasn't an aviation event, so it really isn't on-topic for
these rec.aviation groups.

--
Bob Noel
no one likes an educated mule

Old July 10th 05, 02:23 AM
Matt Barrow

"Bob Noel" wrote in message
In article . com,
"Jay Honeck" wrote:

I'm a bit surprised that no one has brought up the horrible terrorist
attacks on London.

I figured that it wasn't an aviation event, so it really isn't on-topic

for
these rec.aviation groups.

Other than to demonstrate that the ADIZ is another Magginot line?

Old July 10th 05, 02:29 AM
Wizard of Draws

On 7/9/05 3:31 PM, in article
, "Jay Honeck"
spewed:

I'm a bit surprised that no one has brought up the horrible terrorist
attacks on London.

More importantly, I'm a bit worried that we haven't heard from any of
our British pilot friends on this group, like Paul Sengupta, Steven
Atherton, Chris Blythe, John Forster, and a host of others.

You guys okay? Our thoughts are with you and your countrymen...
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA
Pathfinder N56993
www.AlexisParkInn.com
"Your Aviation Destination"

I haven't heard back from one of my UK clients. I'm trying to think good
thoughts and imagine that it is just a bit hectic right now and they'll get
back to me when they can.
--
Jeff 'The Wizard of Draws' Bucchino

Cartoons with a Touch of Magic
http://www.wizardofdraws.com

More Cartoons with a Touch of Magic
http://www.cartoonclipart.com

Old July 10th 05, 03:46 AM
Jay Honeck

I'm a bit surprised that no one has brought up the horrible terrorist
attacks on London.

I figured that it wasn't an aviation event, so it really isn't on-topic
for
these rec.aviation groups.

Well, true enough, except when you consider the number of British pilots on
this group -- all of whom have fallen strangely silent.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they're okay...and that they've got more
important things to do right now than surf the aviation newsgroups.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old July 10th 05, 05:03 AM
RST Engineering

Learn to spell, jerknose.

Jim

Other than to demonstrate that the ADIZ is another Magginot line?

Old July 10th 05, 05:08 AM
Matt Barrow

"RST Engineering" wrote in message
Learn to spell, jerknose.

Jim

Yes, sir, Reverend Tightass :~)

Other than to demonstrate that the ADIZ is another Magginot line?

Old July 10th 05, 05:35 AM
George Patterson

Wizard of Draws wrote:

I haven't heard back from one of my UK clients.

My brother flew to London on the 7th. We haven't heard from him either. As in
your situation, we hope he's just too busy to call.

This is the same brother who used to work at the WTC and kept us worried all day
on 9/11. It just never occurred to him that he should call anyone to say he was
ok, and I'm sure it's the same thing now. Sort of hard on my mother, though.

George Patterson
Why do men's hearts beat faster, knees get weak, throats become dry,
and they think irrationally when a woman wears leather clothing?
Because she smells like a new truck.
Old July 10th 05, 07:44 AM
ShawnD2112

George,

Follow this link to the BBC website. The arcticle has the number of the
Scotland Yard Casualty hotline. Now that I think of it, what with dialing
codes and whatnot, just dial 011-44-870-156-6344. They may be able to tell
you something about your brother (but hopefully not, if you know what I
mean). Do you know which airport he came into and where in London he was
going? If I know those two things I might be able to tell you if he was
likely to be in that part of town or not. All the blasts happened within
the northern central part of town so if, for instance, he was coming in to
Heathrow and going to someplace near Victoria, he wouldn't have been on any
of the lines concerned.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/e...on/4666679.stm

I hope you hear from him soon.

Shawn

Old July 10th 05, 07:58 AM
ShawnD2112

Jay,

I don't think I was one of the ones you were talking about but I can give
you some idea of what's going on around the city. I'm now officially a Brit
(got citizenship on 8 Jun, oddly enough, the 15th anniversary of my
commissioning as an officer in the USAF) and live in Twickenham, which is
about 10 miles west of the center of the city and still within the greater
metropolitan area.

There still seem to be a lot of people missing as the hospitals are still
treating quite a lot who may have not yet been identified and some of the
tube trains are still in situ with bodies on them. I can't imagine what
that recovery job is like. I think the death toll stands at around 50 right
now (Sunday morning), but that may rise as injured succumb to wounds. I
also think they had some real trouble identifiying what went on and who was
killed in the bus explosion. It seems like that explosion was pretty big
and complicated in terms of identification. On Saturday they confirmed that
they thought 13 had been killed on the bus.

I don't know any of the pilots you mentioned so, unfortunately, I can't give
any reassurance on any of them.

London has pretty much just picked itself up and gotten on with it.
Theaters and everything else were open again the next day. Obviously the
effected Tube lines will be closed for some time but those outside that
immediate area of geography or movement patterns seem to have returned to
normal. It's a bit eerie in one sense, but also immensely heartening to see
that the terrorist had so little wide-reaching effect on the people and that
fact that life goes on and they will not let this slow them down.

I hope the ones you were concerned about come up on freq soon. If you're
really concerned and think they might have been involved you can call the
Scotland Yard casualty hotline at 011-44-870-156-6344 and they might be able
to tell you something. Latest news is on: