odyssey battery

Old September 27th 05, 04:37 PM
Philippe Vessaire

Default odyssey battery

Hello,

Is someone use odyssey battery for a Continental O200?
what ref do you use?
The PC680 seems a little oversize.

Thanks
--
Pub: http://www.slowfood.fr/france
Philippe Vessaire Ò¿Ó¬

Old September 27th 05, 09:25 PM
Drew Dalgleish

On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 17:37:49 +0200, Philippe Vessaire
wrote:

Hello,

Is someone use odyssey battery for a Continental O200?
what ref do you use?
The PC680 seems a little oversize.

Thanks
--
Pub: http://www.slowfood.fr/france
Philippe Vessaire Ò¿Ó¬

I'm using a 680 to start my lycoming 0-290. It replaced a motorcycle
battery that was bigger and had less power. A bit oversize maybe but
I'm very happy with it.
Old September 27th 05, 10:11 PM
Reggie

From: Philippe Vessaire aille...@
Subject: odyssey battery

Is someone use odyssey battery for a Continental O200?
what ref do you use?
The PC680 seems a little oversize.

Thanks
************************************************* *************

We use a PC680 on a hi compression , 100 in^3 ,4 cycle.engine.
Has enough capacity to run the starter for 30 sec,and supply all the
power to the avionics for longer than we have fuel.
It's been doing this for more than two years with no noticeable
loss of capacity.

BUT you need to know the starter stalled amps, cranking amps,main buss
amps, secondary buss amps, and insure that regulator charging voltage
conforms to the limits set by Odyssey.

The Harley MC uses a PC545....Tiny little thing........

Reggie

Old September 28th 05, 03:20 AM
Ron Wanttaja

On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 17:37:49 +0200, Philippe Vessaire wrote:

Is someone use odyssey battery for a Continental O200?
what ref do you use?
The PC680 seems a little oversize.

I put a PC680 on my C-85 Fly Baby about two years ago, and it's doing fine. I
replaced a standard aircraft battery, so the "oversize" PC680 was actually quite
a bit smaller than the one I took out.

I posted the details of my PC680 conversion to the Fly Baby mailing list. Skim
to "Installing My Odyssey Dry Cell" on this web page:

http://www.bowersflybaby.com/tech/battery.html

Once I got my starter clutch replaced, the PC680 cranks the engine quite nicely.

Ron Wanttaja
Old September 28th 05, 10:48 PM
abripl

Ron,

I use the PC680 to start my 200HP, high compression (10.5 to 1)
Franklin engine. I have a second battery PC925 for avionics, etc. About
two years old both, no problems so far.
SQ2000 canard: http://www.abri.com/sq2000

Old October 6th 05, 02:19 AM
Juan Jimenez

Scott Manning uses two 680's on his Canadian Stinger BD-5J Microjet that
he's currently flying in the airshow circuit. But he's going to be taking
them out and going back to NICADs soon.