2006 Dust Devil Dash Results?

Old September 11th 06, 05:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
fcnorton

Default 2006 Dust Devil Dash Results?

Are the results from the 2006 Dust Devil Dash posted?

We had a club member who flew in it this year and I wondered how he
did. I think it's a great concept and plan to fly in it next year.

FC Norton
HpH304CZ-#17 ("FCZ")
N304BL

Old September 12th 06, 12:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS

fcnorton wrote:
Are the results from the 2006 Dust Devil Dash posted?

The landing cards come back via US Mail, so it takes a few days to
compile official results.
About 5 flghts are on the OLC. Looks like Kevin Wayt won on handicap
distance? Both he and TP landed at Mc Dermitt, Oregon. Marty Eiler made
Battle Mountain, Nevada.
Meanwhile Gary Ittner did Mount Whitney O/R (no points in the Dash!),
and Tom Riley made Bishop. Others TBA.
Jim

Old September 12th 06, 12:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
5Z

And the flights on that day from Kelly Airpark in Colorado are for the
Black Forest Soaring Society "Downhill Dash". Any flight with an
easterly heading is, by definition, downhill from out 7040' MSL field
elevation. We started out with cloudbase just a bit above 10K - this
after the fog and low scud dried up - and continued on with bases
getting even lower out to the SE. I made it 10 miles short of Liberal,
KS, then spared myself a landing in a plowed filed by firing up the
trusty Wankel and motoring up to Ulysses to join Dave Leonard for
dinner

Unfortunately, the sky blew up shortly after clearing at Kelly and
about half the field never got away.

-Tom