Searching for soaring centres in Europe

Old November 4th 06, 02:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Udo

Default Searching for soaring centres in Europe

I will be in Europe for an extended holiday next spring.
I am looking for other centres similar to St.Auban.

I have contacted St.Auban and submitted my resume, but no answer.
Since then I have contacted them several times but no luck.
Also I am in touch with the people that run the British Over Sea's
Nat's in Spain. They do not have a glider I want.
I am open for suggestions in the southern regions in Europe, provided
there are reasonable weather conditions for soaring in May.
If you have any direct experience with a commercial or club operations,
that would rent a gliders
for a week or longer, let me know.
Thanks for any input.
Udo

Old November 4th 06, 05:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ruud[_1_]

It will take some time before you get an answer from CNVV (St Auban).
They normally make a planning for spring during these weeks and I
think you will receive an answer from them by the end of this month.

Ruud.

Old November 4th 06, 08:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Udo

Thanks Ruud,
Still it would be nice if they would acknowledged my inquiry.
Udo

Old November 4th 06, 09:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
hans

Hi Udo!

What type of gilder do you want to fly?
What type of soaring do you want to pursue?
In what type of landscape would you like to fly?

Advice given to you after you have answered the questions will be much
more targeted to your needs.

Best Regards

Hans

Old November 5th 06, 09:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ruud[_1_]

That's the way it goes in "la douce France" ;-)
If you want to be sure that they have received your request, give them
a call.

Success!

Old November 5th 06, 10:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ruud[_1_]

And....
it's certainly worth to invest a little time and effort to enlist
yourself for one of the "stages perfectionnements" and enjoy views
like these:

http://www.thermiekfotowedstrijd.nl/....php?pos=-5176
http://www.thermiekfotowedstrijd.nl/....php?pos=-5172
http://www.thermiekfotowedstrijd.nl/....php?pos=-4688

Old November 5th 06, 10:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
hans

Hi Udo!

At many gilder fields in the Alps gilders will be only allowed to be
operated with an operational Flarm. As the use of Flarm by US and
Canadian nationals and residents is not permitted, this excludes lots of
good sites in Europe.

Best Regards

Hans

Old November 5th 06, 06:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Udo

Hi Hans,
are you saying that a rented glider, equipped with a Flarm,
can not be flown by a Canadian pilot?
Udo

Old November 5th 06, 07:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
hans

Hi Udo!

A Canadian or US citizen or permanent resident will fly a gilder in a
legal fashion only, if the Flarm is removed from the glider. But some
glider hirer will allow the removal of the Flarm, because most likely
his hull insurance will not pay, as would my hull insurance if I would
remove the Flarm from my glider. Furthermore a lot of soaring sites
allow take off only with functional Flarm.

The big problem is, that a Canadian or US citizen or permanent resident
can sign no legal binding document that frees the manufacturer from
liability. The document will be binding only for him but not for the
surviving dependents or for the entities that have to support the
surviving dependents.

Hans