RFC: renaming this group

Old March 19th 04, 06:18 PM
pacplyer

Stefan wrote in message ...
I suggest to change the name of this group from

rec.aviation.piloting

rec.USA_pilots_chatting_about_everything_except_pi loting

Stefan,
You seem to be having trouble with the concept of free speech on an
unmoderated newsgroup. Since our very own "Al Gore" invented the
internet we can do any thing we want with it. grin

You need to learn how to selectively read, son, instead of trying to
coerce others into posting what you want to read.

Have a nice day in your police state, where ever that is.

pacplyer - out
Old March 19th 04, 06:34 PM
Michael Nouak

That's right! We have to talk about the ISSUES.

Specifically, I think we should talk more about _religious_ issues.

Like: crab or slip; rent or own

And of course, a little jihad every now and then should be allowed, too:
high-wing or low-wing...

;-)

Mike

"C J Campbell" schrieb im
Newsbeitrag ...

"Stefan" wrote in message
I suggest to change the name of this group from

rec.aviation.piloting

rec.USA_pilots_chatting_about_everything_except_pi loting

Good grief! We have to talk about something besides slips with flaps!

Old March 19th 04, 09:27 PM
Randy at Home

Lease-back, high-wing, slip

Sincerely,

The Peoples Front For The Total High-wing Hierarchy (or PFFTTHH) ;-)

(sorry.. .couldn't resist)

Old March 19th 04, 11:44 PM
G.R. Patterson III

pacplyer wrote:

You need to learn how to selectively read, son, instead of trying to
coerce others into posting what you want to read.

Great way to put it.

George Patterson
Battle, n; A method of untying with the teeth a political knot that would
not yield to the tongue.
Old March 20th 04, 08:30 PM
Jay Masino

G.R. Patterson III wrote:
pacplyer wrote:
You need to learn how to selectively read, son, instead of trying to
coerce others into posting what you want to read.

Great way to put it.

Even though this is true, Stefan still has a point. 8-10 years ago
there was a LOT less off topic posts on rec.aviation. It's starting to
get ridiculous.

--- Jay

--

__!__
Jay and Teresa Masino ___(_)___
Old March 26th 04, 06:35 PM
Paul Sengupta

"Jay Masino" wrote in message
G.R. Patterson III wrote:
pacplyer wrote:
You need to learn how to selectively read, son, instead of trying to
coerce others into posting what you want to read.

Great way to put it.

Even though this is true, Stefan still has a point. 8-10 years ago
there was a LOT less off topic posts on rec.aviation. It's starting to
get ridiculous.

Well, whenever anyone mentions anything about high/low wing,
downwind turns, running on mogas, how good these new fangled
plastic planes are, etc, someone just refers back to the archives
where it's all been done before. Everyone else just groans.

At least with things like the political discussions on here, I know
that I'm at least watching comments from reasonable adults who
are fairly level headed and, when all is said and done, are more
interested in flying anyway.

Paul