Anyone use Air Chart?

Old March 25th 04, 03:13 AM
Ray Andraka

Sporty's pack them in separate packages for L charts, AFDs, VFR charts and
TERPs. My cost going to avmaps is about 60% of what I was paying to Sporty's.
On an IFR revision cycle, I got 3 separate packages, each with $5+ shipping
charges. Avmaps packs them all in one package, and the shipping totals less
than $10, plus they include the VFR charts in the same package if they are near
expiration.

MichaelR wrote:

That's not correct.
Sporty's charges only actual shipping costs on chart subscriptions.

However, if you buy charts outside of a subscription, they charge according
to their "standard shipping and handling" table.

"Ray Andraka" wrote in message
I used to use Sporty's. I now use Avmaps.com. They are quite a bit

cheaper
than Sporty's and they only charge the actual shipping, not the inflated
shipping and handling Sporty's does.

--
--Ray Andraka, P.E.

--
--Ray Andraka, P.E.
401/884-7930 Fax 401/884-7950

-Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Old March 25th 04, 12:14 PM
Stu Gotts

On Thu, 25 Mar 2004 02:08:36 GMT, ArtP
wrote:

On Wed, 24 Mar 2004 19:21:27 -0600, Stu Gotts
wrote:

In the spiral bound form?

Just like the IFR and WAC's, except you get 2 books. One for the east
half of the US and one for the West half.

Then this must be rather new. I have 2002 editions and they're WAC.
I'll need to have a look again.

On Wed, 24 Mar 2004 18:23:44 GMT, ArtP
wrote:

On Wed, 24 Mar 2004 12:11:47 -0600, Stu Gotts
wrote:

I subscribed a few times, but got ****ed off after not seeing
identifiers, frequencies and the like available information that is
usually contained on the sectionals.

They now offer sectionals.

Old March 25th 04, 03:02 PM
Jerryk

On Wed, 24 Mar 2004 03:53:49 +0000, Steven Barnes wrote:

I saw an ad in AOPA for www.airchart.com . Does anyone have any experience
with these charts? My flight instructor recently got them. For someone that
does a bit of traveling, it sounds like a great deal. I'm curious how
practical they are (in-flight usage, not able to draw the big 'ol line
across 2 or 3 sectionals, etc).

Thanks.

PP-ASEL

I tried them, but could never keep up with the updates. The Airway atlas
is pretty neat.

I am now using JeepView and that works pretty well.

jerry

Old March 25th 04, 05:14 PM

The updates are the best part. The publication is cumulative---all you
have to do is throw out the old one and put the new one in the little
envelope in back, and remember to look at it when you are planning a
flight.

When I was shopping I found the Jepp stuff to be rather expensive.

I tried them, but could never keep up with the updates. The Airway atlas
is pretty neat.

I am now using JeepView and that works pretty well.

jerry

~ BUSH'S EVER SKYROCKETING OIL STOCK CHART ~ ArtKramr Military Aviation 2 September 17th 04 07:09 PM
Enroute chart question.. chris priest Instrument Flight Rules 0 August 10th 04 01:05 AM
NavCanada chart subscriptions Paul Tomblin Instrument Flight Rules 1 March 29th 04 12:36 AM
WAC Chart Images on line? Rich Owning 5 March 22nd 04 11:17 PM
Chart subscriptions Dave Anderer Instrument Flight Rules 11 February 28th 04 11:23 PM