(Para)gliders and big birds

Old October 22nd 20, 06:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
AS

Default (Para)gliders and big birds

Ran across this neat clip on Yahoo. I circled with bald- and golden eagles, ospreys, etc. but never saw them that close, mostly because the speed difference.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/vultures-...200431352.html
Enjoy,

Uli
'AS'

Old October 23rd 20, 04:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
George Haeh

There's a tourist operation in Nepal that offers similar rides. There was a film on it in a Banff Mountain Film Festival some years ago.
Old October 23rd 20, 11:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_6_]

On Thu, 22 Oct 2020 20:36:12 -0700, George Haeh wrote:

There's a tourist operation in Nepal that offers similar rides. There
was a film on it in a Banff Mountain Film Festival some years ago.

From what I've read, Pokara is the main Nepali place to go if you want to
jump off mountains under parachuty things.

I've been there, but that was a long time ago when Pokara was a pleasant
small town and yo could camp by the lake.

Martin | martin at
Gregorie | gregorie dot org

Strong Para-Cushion 305 ASM Soaring 1 May 9th 20 06:41 AM
Physicists train robotic gliders to soar like birds OHM Ω http://aviation.derosaweb.net Soaring 10 September 25th 18 09:28 PM
FS - Para-Phenalia Mini Softie Soaranator Soaring 0 September 24th 09 06:18 AM
seeking para gliding rig blake Aviation Marketplace 0 January 9th 06 04:52 AM
Strong 305 Para-Cushion 4-Sale S Schwartz Soaring 0 May 19th 04 01:27 PM