Trip to Dallas II

Old October 29th 05, 09:52 PM
Dan Luke

Default Trip to Dallas II

Not a big deal; IFR to DAL, VFR back to BFM, no sweat, but I want to
give another plug to Regal Aviation at Love Field.

Once again, they treated me like I had driven up in a Gulfstream instead
of a somewhat scroungy looking Cutlass RG. Rent car delivered right to
the airplane, free bottled water fetched by a cute girl for the thirsty
pilot, and an all around impression that they were glad I was there.
Great operation.

This is the second time I've had unmatched service from these folks. It
took (most of) the pain out of paying $5.10/gal. for 100LL, since I know
I would have paid about as much at most any big airport FBO and not been
treated nearly as well.

--
Dan
C172RG at BFM

Old October 30th 05, 04:16 AM
Jay Honeck

This is the second time I've had unmatched service from these folks. It
took (most of) the pain out of paying $5.10/gal. for 100LL, since I know
I would have paid about as much at most any big airport FBO and not been
treated nearly as well.

For $5.10 per gallon, that gas should've been pumped by the Swedish
Bikini Team, and included a 1 hour, full-body massage.

You were hosed, Dan. Nicely hosed -- but hosed nonetheless.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old October 30th 05, 12:40 PM
Dan Luke

"Jay Honeck" wrote:

You were hosed, Dan. Nicely hosed -- but hosed nonetheless.

Then it's a conspiracy.

I paid about mid-range for fuel at any of the FBOs at DAL or ADS, the
two airports convenient to my meeting.

Signature at DAL is charging $6.19/gal. for avgas.

--
Dan
C172RG at BFM

Old October 30th 05, 06:02 PM
Montblack

("Dan Luke" wrote)
Signature at DAL is charging $6.19/gal. for avgas.

That's getting into credit card lap dance territory.

Montblack
Old October 30th 05, 07:36 PM
Chris

"Montblack" wrote in message
("Dan Luke" wrote)
Signature at DAL is charging $6.19/gal. for avgas.

That's getting into credit card lap dance territory.

at $8.00 / gallon in the UK that's really steep.

Old October 30th 05, 06:57 PM
Martin Hotze

On Sun, 30 Oct 2005 06:40:30 -0600, Dan Luke wrote:

Signature at DAL is charging $6.19/gal. for avgas.

^^^^^^^^
do these fillups come with a complimentary blowjob?

#m

--
Repeat an assertion four times and it becomes a fact. Repeat an assertion
four times and it becomes a fact. Repeat an assertion four times and it
Old October 30th 05, 08:57 PM
N93332

"Martin Hotze" wrote in message
On Sun, 30 Oct 2005 06:40:30 -0600, Dan Luke wrote:

Signature at DAL is charging $6.19/gal. for avgas.

^^^^^^^^
do these fillups come with a complimentary blowjob?

Nope, you just get screwed...

Old October 30th 05, 07:28 PM
Kyle Boatright

"Dan Luke" wrote in message

"Jay Honeck" wrote:

You were hosed, Dan. Nicely hosed -- but hosed nonetheless.

Then it's a conspiracy.

I paid about mid-range for fuel at any of the FBOs at DAL or ADS, the two
airports convenient to my meeting.

Signature at DAL is charging $6.19/gal. for avgas.

--
Dan
C172RG at BFM

The "name" FBO's at big airports are targeting the bizjets these days.
Already a decent segment of the market and growing very fast. That's where
the profit is for an FBO (selling a few hundred gallons to a Citation,
instead of 20 to me). Those of us who fly small recips are getting priced
(and corporate hangared) out of airports in metro areas...

KB

Old October 31st 05, 06:47 PM
Ross Richardson

Wow. You could have gotten it for $2.94/gal at KSWI just aout 48 miles
north.

-------------
Regards, Ross
C-172F 180HP
KSWI

Old October 31st 05, 07:51 PM
Montblack

("Ross Richardson" wrote)
Wow. You could have gotten it for $2.94/gal at KSWI just aout 48 miles
north.

Prices nearing $1.99(?) for auto gas in MN - I filled up at $2.12.
http://www.twincitiesgasprices.com/

Montblack

Our first IFR cross-country trip: NY-MI-IL-MI-NY Longworth Piloting 16 July 15th 05 08:12 PM
Trip to Dallas Dan Luke Piloting 2 May 15th 05 03:26 AM
4800nm trip complete! SeeAndAvoid Piloting 2 June 19th 04 05:58 PM
Coast to coast trip finished :-) Filip Zawadiak Piloting 6 May 5th 04 08:45 PM
First long-distance trip Marc Piloting 2 December 16th 03 04:03 AM