Surface to Air Missile threat

Old August 14th 03, 04:36 AM
PlanetJ

Default Surface to Air Missile threat

The FBI has arrested three men in connection with a plot to smuggle a
surface to air missile into the United States.
You do understand what a successful strike with a surface-to-air missile
would do, don't you? Not only would it kill the 100+ people who happened to
be on the targeted airliner, it would also instantly destroy the air travel
industry in the United States. Within 24 hours Americans would signal their
fear by ceasing almost all air travel. Within one week after people start
flying airlines would start laying off workers by the tens of thousands.
Businesses which support the airlines would follow with tens of thousands of
additional layoffs. Wall Street would register its fears with an immediate
and alarming drop in stock prices.

We're talking a near economic paralysis here folks, all because one Islamic
goon managed to bring down a commercial airliner with a missile.

Some think that this surface-to-air missile might have been intended for Air
Force One. Air Force One has defense mechanisms for these devises . and the
Islamofascists know this. Nevertheless, the same scenario would apply if
such a missile were fired at our president while in flight.

The people who were arrested are not U.S. citizens. They are enemy
combatants in World War IV, the war between Islamic terrorism and the United
States. As enemy combatants they are not entitled to any access to American
courts or to the protections of the U.S. Constitution. We're told, though,
that the suspects are going to appear in a federal court today. They are
enemy combatants found on our soil with weapons that they intended to use
against our people. The man who is charged with actually selling the
missile reportedly said that "Americans are *******s." Fine, let's show him
what "*******s" we really can be. Slam these SOBs into the military
justice system, try them, and then execute them.

Old August 14th 03, 02:13 PM
Snowbird

"PlanetJ" wrote in message . ..
The FBI has arrested three men in connection with a plot to smuggle a
surface to air missile into the United States.

You realize this was 100% sting operation on both sides, no?

The "terrorists" were FBI agents. The Russian arms suppliers were
Russian agents. ie this wasn't a genuine disrupted terrorist plot,
nor a genuine arms supplier to terrorists, just a financially-motivated
wanna-be.

But I digress....what does this have to do with IFR flight? try
alt.politics

Some think that this surface-to-air missile might have been intended for Air
Force One.

Oh, Horseradish. Since the people posing as terrorists were 100% FBI
agents any info on intentions is 100% bogus.

alt.politics
Sydney