GET SOME! Bush is Toast

Old September 4th 04, 03:27 AM
WalterM140

Default GET SOME! Bush is Toast

NEW YORK — If I've heard it once, I've heard it a hundred times from
discouraged Democrats and liberals as the Republican convention here
wrapped up this week. Their shoulders hunched, their eyes at a droop,
they lower their voice to a whisper hoping that if they don't say it
too loud it may not come true: "I...I...I think Bush is going to win."

Clearly, they're watching too much TV. Too much of Arnold
Schwarzenegger, Zell Miller, Dick Cheney and Rudy Giuliani. Too much
of swift boat veterans and Fox News commentators.

Action heroes always look good on TV. On Wednesday night, the GOP even
made an action-hero video and showed it at the convention. There was
White House political czar Karl Rove and other administration
officials dressed up for "war" and going through boot camp on the
National Mall in Washington.

I could only sit there in the convention hall and wish this were the
real thing: Rove, national security adviser Condi Rice and Co. being
sent to Iraq, and our boys and girls being brought home. But then the
lights came up, and everyone sitting in the Bush family box was having
a grand ol' hoot and a holler at the video they just saw.

For some reason, all of this has scared the bejabbers out of the
Democrats. I can hear the wailing and moaning from Berkeley, Calif.,
to Cambridge, Mass. The frightening scenes from the convention have
sent John Kerry's supporters looking for the shovels so they can dig
their underground bunkers in preparation for another four years of the
Dark Force.

I can't believe all of this whimpering and whining. Kerry has been
ahead in many polls all summer long, but the Republicans come to New
York for one week off-Broadway and suddenly everyone is dressed in
mourning black and sitting shivah?

Exactly what moment was it during the convention that convinced them
that the Republicans had now "connected" with the majority of
Americans and that it was all over? Arnold praising Richard Nixon?
Ooooh, that's a real crowd-pleaser. Elizabeth Dole decrying the
removal of the Ten Commandments from a courthouse wall in Alabama?
Yes, that's a big topic of conversation in the unemployment line in
Akron, Ohio. Georgia Sen. Miller, a Democratic turncoat, looking like
Freddy Krueger at an all-girls camp? His speech — and the look on what
you could see of his strangely lit face — was enough for parents to
send small children to their bedrooms.

My friends — and I include all Democrats, independents and recovering
Republicans in this salutation — do not be afraid. Yes, the Bush
Republicans huff and they puff, but they blow their own house down.

As many polls confirm, a majority of your fellow Americans believe in
your agenda. They want stronger environmental laws, are strong
supporters of women's rights, favor gun control and want the war in
Iraq to end.

Rejoice. You're already more than halfway there when you have the
public on board. Just imagine if you had to go out and do the work to
convince the majority of Americans that women shouldn't be paid the
same as men. All they ask is that you put up a candidate for president
who believes in something and fights for those beliefs.

Is that too much to ask?

The Republicans have no idea how much harm they have done to
themselves. They used to have a folk-hero mayor of New York named Rudy
Giuliani. On 9/11, he went charging right into Ground Zero to see whom
he could help save. Everyone loved Rudy because he seemed as though he
was there to comfort all Americans, not just members of his own party.

But in his speech to the convention this week, he revised the history
of that tragic day for partisan gain:

As chaos ensued, "spontaneously, I grabbed the arm of then-police
commissioner Bernard Kerik and said to Bernie, 'Thank God George Bush
is our president.' And I say it again tonight, 'Thank God George Bush
is our president.' "

Please.

There were the sub-par entertainers nobody knew. There was the show of
"Black Republicans," "Arab-American Republicans" and other minorities
they trot out to show how much they are loved by groups their policies
abuse.

And there were the Band-Aids. The worst display of how out of touch
the Republicans are was those Purple Heart Band-Aids the delegates
wore to mock Kerry over his war wounds, which, for them, did not spill
the required amount of blood.

What they didn't seem to get is that watching at home might have been
millions of war veterans feeling that they were being ridiculed by a
bunch of rich Republicans who would never send their own offspring to
die in Fallujah or Danang.

Kerry supporters and Bush-bashers should not despair. These
Republicans have not made a permanent dent in Kerry's armor. The only
person who can do that is John Kerry. And by coming out swinging as he
did just minutes after Bush finished his speech Thursday night, Kerry
proved he knows that the only way to win this fight is to fight — and
fight hard.

He must realize that he faces Al Gore's fate only if he fails to stand
up like the hero he is, only if he sits on the fence and keeps
justifying his vote for the Iraq war instead of just saying, "Look, I
was for it just like 70% of America until we learned the truth, and
now I'm against it, like the majority of Americans are now."

Kerry needs to trust that his victory is only going to happen by
inspiring the natural base of the Democratic Party — blacks, working
people, women, the poor and young people. Women and people of color
make up 62% of this country. That's a big majority. Give them a reason
to come out on Nov. 2.

--Michael Moore
Old September 4th 04, 08:04 PM
W. D. Allen Sr.

You got it right in your first paragraph! With his lead at this point in
time George is all but guaranteed to win!

Learn to live with it, since you will anyway. That is, unless you "move to
France" like the Hollywood blow-hards who said they would do it but never
did!

WDA

end

om...

Old September 4th 04, 10:14 PM
Leadfoot

"W. D. Allen Sr." wrote in message
You got it right in your first paragraph! With his lead at this point in
time George is all but guaranteed to win!

Learn to live with it, since you will anyway. That is, unless you "move to
France" like the Hollywood blow-hards who said they would do it but never
did!

WDA

I think Howard Dean had the same feeling just before he got his ass kicked
in Iowa

Old September 5th 04, 02:19 AM
Steve R.

I read that and wonderd who could write such a bunch of BS and actually
believe it, then I saw who wrote it. All made sense then.
Steve R.
(son of Democrats turned Repubs in the 60's. Been to the sandbox, going back
in 6mo. Believes in what we're doing there and will vote for GWB again.)
)

Old September 20th 04, 11:01 PM
Guinnog65

"Steve R." wrote in message

I read that and wonderd who could write such a bunch of BS and actually
believe it, then I saw who wrote it. All made sense then.
Steve R.
(son of Democrats turned Repubs in the 60's. Been to the sandbox, going
back
in 6mo. Believes in what we're doing there

Including the prisoner abuse? Including targetting civilians?

and will vote for GWB again.)
)

Use your vote how you like. Use it wisely and use it well.

Old September 21st 04, 03:46 AM
BUFDRVR

Guinnog65 wrote:

As the US policy makers are finding out. At the cost, unfortunately of a lot
of US troops and an even greater number of Iraqi civilians.

And you don't give a damn about either one. One is simply a pawn to you, the
other an object to be abused by a dictator you wish was still in power.

Gotta love the bleeding heart liberals.

BUFDRVR

everyone on Bear Creek"
Old September 21st 04, 05:44 AM
B2431

From: "Guinnog65" lid
Date: 9/20/2004 6:45 PM Central Daylight Time
From: "Guinnog65"
lid
Date: 9/20/2004 5:01 PM Central Daylight Time
"Steve R." wrote in message

I read that and wonderd who could write such a bunch of BS and actually
believe it, then I saw who wrote it. All made sense then.
Steve R.
(son of Democrats turned Repubs in the 60's. Been to the sandbox, going
back
in 6mo. Believes in what we're doing there

Including the prisoner abuse? Including targetting civilians?

Hopefully the prisoner abuse has been stopped.

Hopefully.

If a civilian bears arms against
coalotion or Iraqui forces he's a valid target. If a bad guy hides behind
civilians then it's his fault the civilians get greased.

Right.

As for civilians dancing on recently attacked military vehicles just how
is the
guy in the Apache to know they aren't the ones that attacked or aren't
still
attacking the vehicles?

Er... common sense?

I can tell you have never been in combat. I have and can tell you if I found
anyone on or near a recently shot up U.S. military vehicle, whether they were
openly armed or not, it's a good assumption they had something to do with the
attack and are then valid targets. If they were there a day later common sense
would say they weren't. Bear in mind the bad guys in Iraq are not wearing
uniforms. If you don't understand the ramifications of the read the Geneva
Conventions.

There are risks to being stupid in a war zone.

As the US policy makers are finding out. At the cost, unfortunately of a lot
of US troops and an even greater number of Iraqi civilians.

All of which could end today if the insurgents laid down their weapons as
ordered by the occupation forces and Interim government.

If you really cared about the loss of life you would spend as much effort
telling the other side to stop shooting as you do blaming the U.S. forces.

I am not saying neither you nor the Iraqis should be happy with the invasion
and occupation, but take a look at what is actually happening there, not just
the negative news.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired
Old September 21st 04, 07:10 AM
Guinnog65

"BUFDRVR" wrote in message
Guinnog65 wrote:

As the US policy makers are finding out. At the cost, unfortunately of a
lot
of US troops and an even greater number of Iraqi civilians.

And you don't give a damn about either one. One is simply a pawn to you,
the
other an object to be abused by a dictator you wish was still in power.

How dare you tell me what I do and don't care about. How dare you tell me I
wish Hussein (who your country supported for years and I campaigned against)
was still in power.

Gotta love the bleeding heart liberals.

Butcha don't gotta love the no-brain, other-people's-children-die redneck
neocons. Oh no.

Bush's guard record JDKAHN Home Built 13 October 3rd 04 09:38 PM
George W. Bush Abortion Scandal that should have been Psalm 110 Military Aviation 0 August 12th 04 09:40 AM
bush rules! Be Kind Military Aviation 53 February 14th 04 05:26 PM