This NG is turning

Old September 13th 04, 02:46 AM
ArtKramr

Subject: This NG is turning
From: (B2431)
Date: 9/12/2004 6:21 PM Pacific Standard Time

Date: 9/12/2004 7:22 PM Central Daylight Time

Art - would you explain to me what neocon means? I don't know if it is a
compliment or an insult...

Thanks

Jack G.

From: "Jack G"

Date: 9/12/2004 5:07 PM Pacific Standard Time

From: "Jack G"

Date: 9/12/2004 4:48 PM Pacific Standard Time

Are those percentages derived from actual numbers or just crude
estimates?
If you can show the numbers used in your calculations I'll believe

you.
Otherwise this gets the same regard as the other drivel you post here.

Jack G.

Speaking of drivel would you tell us all about your combat experiences?

Arthur Kramer
344th BG 494th BS
Visit my WW II B-26 website at:
http://www.coastcomp.com/artkramer

See - more drivel from Art. He just can't help it!

Jack G.

Neocons never fight.

Arthur Kramer

Based on what he said in another thread a neocon is a democrat that pushes
forgeries. Then again, based on yet another thread, he made it clear a neocon
was anyone without combat experience in the nose of a B-26.

Perhaps if art actually took a break from demeaning others and calling names
he
would answer. He seems to be a legend in his own mind.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

And you are a legend in no ones mind wannabee.

Old September 13th 04, 02:57 AM
Tex Houston

"ArtKramr" wrote in message
A while ago the posts here were 95% pro war, pro neocon. Today they at
least
60% anti-war and anti Bush administration. Things are looking up.Kerry may
take
the day after all.

Arthur Kramer

I keep hoping it will turn out to about military aviation. You aren't
helping much. Too bad! You could have been a contender.

Tex Houston

Old September 13th 04, 06:14 AM
Leadfoot

"ArtKramr" wrote in message
A while ago the posts here were 95% pro war, pro neocon. Today they at

least
60% anti-war and anti Bush administration. Things are looking up.Kerry may

take
the day after all.

How many electoral votes does r.a.m have?

Old September 13th 04, 07:39 AM
DunxC

Yep, this group is turning alright. Years ago you could guarantee reasoned
questions & answers on military aviation topics. Seems to be 90% off-topic (at
a very rough non-scientific guess).

Any chance of some on-topic chat?

Duncan
Old September 13th 04, 12:51 PM
George Z. Bush

DunxC wrote:
Yep, this group is turning alright. Years ago you could guarantee reasoned
questions & answers on military aviation topics. Seems to be 90% off-topic (at
a very rough non-scientific guess).

Any chance of some on-topic chat?

I remember reading stories about the air war in WWI, and I always wondered why
Fokker included a third wing on that unique three-winger fighter the Germans
used and why. I don't believe any other aircraft manufacturer built a line
model with three wings, but I could be wrong about that.

Comments?

George Z.

PS - Like you, Duncan, I'm tired of having to wade through so much seasonal
political bull**** in RAM in order to read of things military aviation. In the
interests of subject purity, I've given up even commenting on such impure
intrusions on our "raison d'etre" and encourage others to follow my lead. Let's
just ignore that stuff when it shows up and limit our responses to a simple
two-letter "OT" if we feel obliged to say anything at all and then move on.
Most of us have made up our minds already anyway, so look at all the bandwidth
we'll be able to save.

Old September 13th 04, 02:08 PM
David Wallace

George Z. Bush wrote:

I remember reading stories about the air war in WWI, and I always wondered why
Fokker included a third wing on that unique three-winger fighter the Germans
used and why. I don't believe any other aircraft manufacturer built a line
model with three wings, but I could be wrong about that.

Probably to increase wing area and still maintain a small profile. They
are tiny planes even when compared to the small size of the Sopwith Pup
and Camel. Sopwith came out with a 3-decker prior to the Fokker, but
neither of them remained in service very long. The DR1 was mainly active
between Nov 1917 and May 1918 and of the 320 or so made a large number
crashed due to structural failures. They sure look cute in the flesh
though.

Out of curiosity, did you ever fly the C-46 at all, and if so, how did
it compare to the C-47? I've often wondered what the difference in run
length for take offs and landings was.

Dave.
Old September 13th 04, 02:17 PM
Peter Stickney

In article ,
"George Z. Bush" writes:
DunxC wrote:
Yep, this group is turning alright. Years ago you could guarantee reasoned
questions & answers on military aviation topics. Seems to be 90% off-topic (at
a very rough non-scientific guess).

Any chance of some on-topic chat?

I remember reading stories about the air war in WWI, and I always wondered why
Fokker included a third wing on that unique three-winger fighter the Germans
used and why. I don't believe any other aircraft manufacturer built a line
model with three wings, but I could be wrong about that.

Well, just before Fokker started designing his triplane, the Royal
Navy Air Service had been very successful with their Sopwith Tripes.
They were basically a Sopwith Pup with 3 wings, instead of 2.
IIRC, Caproni in Ita;y was building triplane (and trimotor) Heavy
Bombers.
They'd give you the advantage of more wing area for a given size, and,
if it were wire-braced, a stiffer structure. The disadvanages are
much more drag, both Profile and Induced, and lousy view from the
cockpit. It must have been like flying a set of Venetian Blinds.

--
Pete Stickney
bad measures. -- Daniel Webster
Old September 13th 04, 02:50 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"ArtKramr" wrote in message

A while ago the posts here were 95% pro war, pro neocon. Today
they at least 60% anti-war and anti Bush administration.

Which only indicates that the loons post far more messages.

Old September 13th 04, 02:51 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"ArtKramr" wrote in message

Speaking of drivel would you tell us all about your combat experiences?

Who did you support for president in 1992? 1996?

Old September 13th 04, 04:24 PM
Ed Rasimus

"ArtKramr" wrote in message

Speaking of drivel would you tell us all about your combat experiences?

And, what exactly would you like to know about them, Art?

Ed Rasimus
Fighter Pilot (USAF-Ret)
"When Thunder Rolled"
"Phantom Flights, Bangkok Nights"