TV Stars!!!

Old August 11th 07, 03:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jack[_4_]

Default TV Stars!!!

Caprock Soaring Club is hosting a TV news crew out of Lubbock
tomorrow. They will be shooting from the air and the ground. My
celebrity just continues to grow...

Yeah.....RIGHT!!

Jack Womack

Old August 13th 07, 06:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Aug 10, 9:09 pm, Jack wrote:
Caprock Soaring Club is hosting a TV news crew out of Lubbock
tomorrow. They will be shooting from the air and the ground. My
celebrity just continues to grow...

Yeah.....RIGHT!!

Jack Womack

Jack,
how'd it go? i got the email from Mike describing the setup. I hope
it turned out well and will be a great publicity stunt for soaring.

Old August 13th 07, 08:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ralph Jones[_2_]

On Fri, 10 Aug 2007 19:09:47 -0700, Jack
wrote:

Caprock Soaring Club is hosting a TV news crew out of Lubbock
tomorrow. They will be shooting from the air and the ground. My
celebrity just continues to grow...

Yeah.....RIGHT!!

Jack Womack

I was waiting to launch in a Regionals out of Littlefield about 20
years ago when a Lubbock TV crew came up to interview me in my
cockpit. I thought I had the answers to all the usual media questions
down pat, but they blindsided me with "Without an engine, how do you
come down?"

Try to come up with a non-condescending sound-bite answer to THAT
one...hope nobody saw me on the tube...;-)

rj
Old August 13th 07, 09:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bill Daniels

wrote:

Caprock Soaring Club is hosting a TV news crew out of Lubbock
tomorrow. They will be shooting from the air and the ground. My
celebrity just continues to grow...

Yeah.....RIGHT!!

Jack Womack

I was waiting to launch in a Regionals out of Littlefield about 20
years ago when a Lubbock TV crew came up to interview me in my
cockpit. I thought I had the answers to all the usual media questions
down pat, but they blindsided me with "Without an engine, how do you
come down?"

Try to come up with a non-condescending sound-bite answer to THAT
one...hope nobody saw me on the tube...;-)

rj

I would just agree that it's a real problem - gliders tend to stay up
forever and travel vast distances. You need pilot training to make them
come down where you want them to....

Bill Daniels

Old August 14th 07, 12:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jack[_4_]

It went very well for us Saturday. There was an inversion, no clouds,
and it was HOT! We had a safety briefing for our visitors, and
everyone flew. I believe they got some nice air-to-air footage and it
will hopefully be some positive publicity for soaring in general, and
hopefully will help Caprock grow a bit.

Jack Womack (TE)