If ya gotta shop...

Old July 27th 03, 12:04 AM
Steve House

Been there - got the scars

"Judah" wrote in message
Ahh, don't feel too bad...

The reality is, any time you give a customer any sort of terms, you run

the
risk of being dependent on their success for payment. I had a customer for
whom I did a bunch of work thinking I was actually going to get paid for

it
in 30 days, and they were sold in an asset sale by their bank 90 days

after
my invoice date... Of course, all legal advice I received was that my

invoice
was going to be at the bottom of the list behind the bank's secured

credit,
and I was SOL...

I'm with you - spread the word and help make your customer successful!
Protect your investment and collect your training time!

wrote in
:

I'll would receive the trade agreed upon regardless of the financial
outcome. The owner of the store is a local CFI, and I would just feel
much better if her project really took off and did well as a result of
the changes. I guess the way I worded it sounded like my success relied
on the stores increased success.

Old July 27th 03, 02:14 PM
Sydney Hoeltzli

Sam wrote:

Looks like a pretty good site to me! I wouldn't worry too much about
apologizing... People in this group advertise their hotels and such
all the time. This is one of the most cliquish newgroups I have ever
seen though, so you may get ripped on unless you "belong".

Well, I don't know what you read, but people who "belong"
seem to get "ripped on" at regular intervals too, hee hee.
This is USENET, no one is immune unless they post 100% on-topic
in accord with the newsgroup charter and are uniformly polite.

In which case someone would probably rip on them for being
boring

I would personally prefer not to see advertisements in this
group, but IMHO objecting on-group tends to produce a longer,
more disruptive thread than just letting it slide.

Cheers,
Sydney