Way off topic, but it has do to with the French

Old February 26th 08, 06:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
gatt[_2_]

Default Way off topic, but it has do to with rednecks

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message

I'll say this about the Democratic campaigns -- it's been a lot more fun
to watch than the Republicans. Heck, even French politics have been more
fun than watching Huckabee and whatsisname trying to beat McCain.

I'm not a Huckabee fan (which isn't to say I dislike him) but his appearance
on SNL Saturday Night had me laughing out loud:
PERFECT comedic timing: http://youtube.com/watch?v=xvSXpM5qGmg

-c

Old February 26th 08, 06:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mike Noel

I guess Jay's idea of success is killing 10's of thousands of innocent
people including thousands of our troops, increasing the national debt by
over a trillion dollars, making the US look like a bully to the rest of the
world, and running our economy and military into the ground as an
inheritance for our children. And all of this in the name of removing a
cruel secular dictator who hated Bin Laden and replacing him with an Islamic
government that will ally itself with Iran. Wow, what a success!

--
Best Regards,
Mike

http://photoshow.comcast.net/mikenoel

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
> [...]
Meanwhile the Bush Administration raised its threat level from
Bomb-Into-Democracy to Nukem-and-let-God-sortem-out...and that's just
the Democrat Party. Furriners are ignored as useless, unless they
wear a turban, in which case the threat level is borrowed from the
English and French: 100-year-war.

It must be awful for you to watch Iraq succeeding, no? Sorta like a
slow-motion train...construction project...

:-)

Seriously, if something bad doesn't happen in Iraq (or somewhere), and
soon, Hillary doesn't stand a chance against Obama. With her perceived
superiority in foreign policy issues as the main defining difference
between them, (well, other than age, gender, experience, attitude, etc. --
but those don't seem to matter), the lack of any foreign crises is truly
hurting her campaign.

I'll say this about the Democratic campaigns -- it's been a lot more fun
to watch than the Republicans. Heck, even French politics have been more
fun than watching Huckabee and whatsisname trying to beat McCain.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA
Pathfinder N56993
www.AlexisParkInn.com
"Your Aviation Destination"

Old February 26th 08, 08:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

It must be awful for you to watch Iraq succeeding, no? *Sorta like a
slow-motion train...construction project...

Jay,

Just curious... What is your definition of "Iraq succeeding"? I must
admit, I've been watching... and I haven't been seeing anything I
would define as "success" -- Certainly not when the total costs of war
(in $$$ and lives and the global perception of our country) are
factored in...

-Cosmo

Old February 26th 08, 08:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
gatt[_2_]

"Mike Noel" wrote in message
. ..

I guess Jay's idea of success is killing 10's of thousands of innocent
people including thousands of our troops, increasing the national debt by
over a trillion dollars, making the US look like a bully to the rest of the
world, and running our economy and military into the ground as an
inheritance for our children.

Increasingly hard to argue against those points except on one: Hussein was
a bully, and with regard to Afghanistan, most Americans don't view
themselves as "bullying" Al Qaeda anymore than they viewed themselves as
fighting WWII "bullying" after Pearl Harbor. They attacked us.

I will never regret my tax dollars being spent fighting AQ and the Taliban
anywhere in the world. I do, however, hold the war policy makers
accountable for NOT FINISHING THE FREAKIN' JOB before starting another one.
That's all.

-c

Old February 26th 08, 09:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

"Mike Noel" wrote in
:

I guess Jay's idea of success is killing 10's of thousands of innocent
people including thousands of our troops, increasing the national debt
by over a trillion dollars, making the US look like a bully to the
rest of the world, and running our economy and military into the
ground as an inheritance for our children.

I thought that wa a given...

Bertie
Old February 26th 08, 09:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

"gatt" wrote in
:

"Mike Noel" wrote in message
. ..

I guess Jay's idea of success is killing 10's of thousands of innocent
people including thousands of our troops, increasing the national debt
by over a trillion dollars, making the US look like a bully to the
rest of the world, and running our economy and military into the
ground as an inheritance for our children.

Increasingly hard to argue against those points except on one:
Hussein was a bully, and with regard to Afghanistan, most Americans
don't view themselves as "bullying" Al Qaeda anymore than they viewed
themselves as fighting WWII "bullying" after Pearl Harbor. They
attacked us.

I will never regret my tax dollars being spent fighting AQ and the
Taliban anywhere in the world. I do, however, hold the war policy
makers accountable for NOT FINISHING THE FREAKIN' JOB before starting
another one. That's all.

Well put.

bertie
Old February 26th 08, 10:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Kloudy via AviationKB.com

Default Way off topic, but it has do to with the French

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:

I'm there all the time and while they can be a bit standoffish, I've never
found them to live up to any of the poplular stereotypes around them.

Ditto!

The stand-offish folks I've met were primarily Parisians. Prolly ****ed that
I was wreckin' their language (Hey, at least I was making an attempt). The
folks down south like in Aix, Vence, Arles etc. were really jolly and a load
of fun to be around.
The most obnoxious people I have ever experienced in France (and Italy too i
guess) were Aussies, English and Americans. Total embarrassments.

Old February 26th 08, 10:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

"Kloudy via AviationKB.com" u33403@uwe wrote in

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:

I'm there all the time and while they can be a bit standoffish, I've
never found them to live up to any of the poplular stereotypes around
them.

Ditto!

The stand-offish folks I've met were primarily Parisians. Prolly
****ed that I was wreckin' their language (Hey, at least I was making
an attempt). The folks down south like in Aix, Vence, Arles etc. were
really jolly and a load of fun to be around.
The most obnoxious people I have ever experienced in France (and Italy
too i guess) were Aussies, English and Americans. Total
embarrassments.

'xactly. you meet dickheads from every country no matter where you go, and
I have no problem mocking nationalities, but the stuff people say about the
french simply isnt true and is largely politically inspired.

"The don't wanna fight, they must be sissies"

Bertie