Colibri and Winpilot PRO

Old February 18th 06, 03:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Colibri and Winpilot PRO

Several websites that sell Colibris say that "Versions later than 2.1
include full SeeYou Mobile/WinPilot PRO support."

Does this mean that the climb maximizer function will work if a PDA
running WP PRO is hooked up to a Colibri only? This seems to
contradict the info on the Winpilot website.

Kirk
66

Old February 19th 06, 01:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Kirk

WinPilot PRO needs vario input and true airspeed. A Colibri only will
not provide this information. WinPilot ADV will work with a Colibri
only, but you will have circling wind calcs and no climb maximizer.

A Colibri with an LX1600 will work with WinPilot PRO and will give you
direct winds, climb maximizer, lift dots using WinPilot PRO.

Richard
www.craggyaero.com
USA WinPilot Dealer.

Old February 19th 06, 04:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Richard,

That makes sense. You might want to check your website, though - it
indicates otherwise. To be fair, so do all the other sites selling
Colibris! ;)

Any word on whether the SN10 will be added to the list of devices that
support Winpilot PRO? Not much feedback from the Winpilot site on that
subject, so far.

I use ADV, and am happy with it so far. Just wish it had a higher
contrast line option for when I don't use the pretty color maps (which
is most of the time).

Kirk

Old February 19th 06, 04:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Actually, that should be:
"Any news on when WinPilot PRO will support ILEC SN10 ?"...

We provided info about ILEC SN10 outputs to the WinPilot folks
a while back, to facilitate this...

See ya, Dave

Old February 19th 06, 08:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Boy did you stick your foot in it this time. It only took you
approximately 8 years or so to agree to change the SN10 software and
output vario data. So the news is ........

We are in the middle of someother software development at this time.
We have it on the list. WinPilot ADV will work fine with dataloggers
that are connected to the SN10.

Richard
www.craggyaero.com

Old February 19th 06, 08:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Kirk,

I must be missing it. I don't see where on www.craggyaero.com or on
www.winpilot.com it says WinPilot PRO will run with just a Colibri.
If you can point me there I will fix it.

Richard
www.craggyaero.com

Old February 19th 06, 09:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Richard,

Try http://www.craggyaero.com/lx_navigation.htm. It's in the LX Colibri
ad copy.

It looks like someone just copied the promo text from the LX website,
which says the same thing.

The Winpilot.com site lists the nav computers that do support PRO -
that's what caught my attention.

I'm really not trying to be obnoxious about this - I was just curious,
since it would be cool if it was true! And we wouldn't want someone to
buy a Colibri/Winpilot PRO setup and find out it didn't work!

BTW, just got back from Turf Soaring - 4 - 6 knots to cloudbase (looked
like at least 7k ft, but I didn't get there), cu's everywhere, dust
devils all over the place. Gave a couple of intro rides to some kids
from Mass in the 2-32, and even it was going up at 6 knots at times!

And now I've got to go back to St Louis! ARGGGGG!

Cheers,

Kirk
66

Old February 19th 06, 09:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Dave, you are absolutely correct - my syntax was not very clear.

I'm looking forward to testing Winpilot with the SN10 inputs, as soon
as it is available - sure are lots of guys using SN10s that are waiting
for it!

Any chance you will be at Region 6 South (Caesar Creek) or Region 4
South (Newcastle)?

Kirk

Old February 20th 06, 09:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Somebody got up on the wrong side of bed this morning...

ILEC SN10 support has already been released by Pocket StrePla,
SeeYou Mobile, SoaringPilot, and I think others. Go roust Jerry !

See ya, Dave

Old February 20th 06, 11:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Kirk, aren't you the guy who told this newbie 2 years ago to throw all
that magic s**t out of the cockpit?!? Hehehee

I just recently switched from WinPilot Pro back to SeeYou Mobile. Each
has favorable features but it came down to being able to create a
single terrain file for all of the places I'm going to fly this year.
WP uses different files for different areas and they wouldn't all fit
on the iPAQ; SeeYou Mobile lets me put everything on the SD card. My
terrain file is 89MB!

~ted/2NO

Winpilot and Colibri Problems ttaylor at cc.usu.edu Soaring 9 June 6th 05 06:44 PM
Lx 1600 vs Borgelt 50 Glen Kelley Soaring 7 March 27th 05 06:18 PM
For Sale: LX160 Paul Remde Soaring 3 January 19th 05 12:24 PM
Which Logger? tango4 Soaring 15 October 5th 03 01:12 AM