Anyone here flying a Little Wing gyro?

Old June 6th 06, 01:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft

Default Anyone here flying a Little Wing gyro?

Greetings,

I just purchased plans for the Little Wing, and am trying to get an
idea of how many of them are flying. I really like the idea of a
tractor configuration, but there just aren't many of them around.

Thanks,
Rusty

Old June 8th 06, 04:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft

Rusty, are you aware of the one that set all the distance and altitude
records? Pilot's name is Andy Keech. Do a search, he may have a
website up. All his flying and records are a pretty good testimonial
for the Little Wing. There was also a lengthy article in either Sport
Pilot or Kitplanes, I forget which, about one of his flights that
landed at Kitty Hawk.

Ken

wrote:
Kensandyeggo wrote:
Go to
www.rotaryforum.com. There are threads on building the Little
Wing. One is about 3 builders building them together.

Thanks Ken, but I've already been through all the LW threads, and asked
the same question on the forum. What I'm looking for are people with
finished, currently flying LW gyros. I know they take quite a while to
build, but as long as they've been out, it just seems like there should
be some flying.

I know there's one really nice one for sale near Atlanta. I also found
a builders site for a fellow that finished one, but later wrecked it.
These are the only customer built examples I've heard of, but there
must be more. I've purchased the plans, but I'm hesitant to put that
much time and money into building an aircraft with so few flying
examples.

Cheers,
Rusty

Old June 8th 06, 05:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft

Kensandyeggo wrote:
Rusty, are you aware of the one that set all the distance and altitude
records? Pilot's name is Andy Keech.

Hi Ken,

Thanks for mentioning Andy Keech. I had accidentally left that one off
my list of known flying Little Wings.

I found a web page for Andy, but it doen't mention that much about the
actual craft. I'm assuming it's basically a stock LW-5 with the
ability to have an aux tank. There was also a mention of heavy and
light rotors, and it would make sense that there were two sets
depending on the mission at hand. When it's not setting records, I
wonder how much it gets flown?

It still seems like there should be a lot more of these flying than
what I'm hearing about.

Thanks,
Rusty