fcst24 alternative to XCSoar?

Old July 14th 16, 06:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
son_of_flubber

Default fcst24 alternative to XCSoar?

Win Pilot is overlaying fcst24 data in their moving map app.
fcst24 looks interesting even without Win Pilot. Modest subscription fee. Is anyone in the USA using fcst24 for soaring?

www.fcst24.com
Old July 14th 16, 07:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tango Eight

On Thursday, July 14, 2016 at 1:19:23 PM UTC-4, son_of_flubber wrote:
Win Pilot is overlaying fcst24 data in their moving map app.
fcst24 looks interesting even without Win Pilot. Modest subscription fee. Is anyone in the USA using fcst24 for soaring?

www.fcst24.com

Honestly, this year has been so good in New England all you really need is the diurnal temperature swing, the synoptic map, maybe a forecast sounding or two.

Less is more. Go fly.

T8
Old July 15th 16, 03:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
son_of_flubber

On Thursday, July 14, 2016 at 2:31:23 PM UTC-4, Tango Eight wrote:
On Thursday, July 14, 2016 at 1:19:23 PM UTC-4, son_of_flubber wrote:
Win Pilot is overlaying fcst24 data in their moving map app.
fcst24 looks interesting even without Win Pilot. Modest subscription fee. Is anyone in the USA using fcst24 for soaring?

www.fcst24.com

Honestly, this year has been so good in New England all you really need is the diurnal temperature swing, the synoptic map, maybe a forecast sounding or two.

Less is more. Go fly.

I'm not having any trouble finding lift. I like to look at maps, forecasts, clouds.
Old July 15th 16, 12:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tango Eight

On Thursday, July 14, 2016 at 10:43:05 PM UTC-4, son_of_flubber wrote:
On Thursday, July 14, 2016 at 2:31:23 PM UTC-4, Tango Eight wrote:
On Thursday, July 14, 2016 at 1:19:23 PM UTC-4, son_of_flubber wrote:
Win Pilot is overlaying fcst24 data in their moving map app.
fcst24 looks interesting even without Win Pilot. Modest subscription fee. Is anyone in the USA using fcst24 for soaring?

www.fcst24.com

Honestly, this year has been so good in New England all you really need is the diurnal temperature swing, the synoptic map, maybe a forecast sounding or two.

Less is more. Go fly.

I'm not having any trouble finding lift. I like to look at maps, forecasts, clouds.

lol. OLC suggests you are having trouble finding your way to the *airport*, never mind finding lift.

Map presentation doesn't improve forecast quality, it just presents more data (read: conjecture) in a format that can be efficiently assimilated. If that's worth the price of admission to you, that's fine.
Old July 15th 16, 12:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
son_of_flubber

On Friday, July 15, 2016 at 7:21:38 AM UTC-4, Tango Eight wrote:

I'm not having any trouble finding lift. I like to look at maps, forecasts, clouds.

lol. OLC suggests you are having trouble finding your way to the *airport*, never mind finding lift.

I tried OLC a couple times and moved on to the other fun things that one can do with log files.

Old July 16th 16, 07:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul B[_2_]

On Friday, 15 July 2016 21:53:40 UTC+10, son_of_flubber wrote:

I tried OLC a couple times and moved on to the other fun things that one can do with log files.

Please tell

Cheers

Paul

Old July 20th 16, 12:49 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Soartech

On Saturday, July 16, 2016 at 2:36:28 AM UTC-4, Paul B wrote:
On Friday, 15 July 2016 21:53:40 UTC+10, son_of_flubber wrote:

I tried OLC a couple times and moved on to the other fun things that one can do with log files.

Please tell

Cheers

Paul

I think he is refering to sites and programs that analyze your flight in great detail such as SeeYou, IGC Replay and ParaglidingLogbook.com.