A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Inreach

Old May 2nd 18, 01:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tango Eight
external usenet poster

Default Inreach

Delorme's marketing is handicapped.
https://www.cabelas.com/assets/produ...rvice_plan.pdf

Can someone who currently subscribes confirm that the cost of 6 mos active per year runs $115 plus msg charges on the "freedom" plan?

T8
Old May 2nd 18, 01:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Papa3[_2_]
external usenet poster

Default Inreach

On Wednesday, May 2, 2018 at 8:14:46 AM UTC-4, Tango Eight wrote:

Can someone who currently subscribes confirm that the cost of 6 mos active per year runs $115 plus msg charges on the "freedom" plan?

T8

Not sure how your math works. I pay $38.79/month under the "Recreation" plan which is illustrated on your link. It's $34.95 plus fees/taxes.
Old May 2nd 18, 02:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tango Eight
external usenet poster

Default Inreach

On Wednesday, May 2, 2018 at 8:53:16 AM UTC-4, Papa3 wrote:

T8

Not sure how your math works. I pay $38.79/month under the "Recreation" plan which is illustrated on your link. It's $34.95 plus fees/taxes.

I was looking at the Safety plan, looks like $15/active month plus $25/year.

Cell based tracking works so well I'd be using Inreach only in event of a landing, would be inclined to dispense with ten minute tracking except for perhaps for April & May adventures.

T8
Old May 2nd 18, 02:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tango Eight
external usenet poster

Default Inreach

On Wednesday, May 2, 2018 at 9:07:01 AM UTC-4, Tango Eight wrote:

T8

Cell based tracking works so well I'd be using Inreach only in event of a landing, would be inclined to dispense with ten minute tracking except for perhaps for April & May adventures.

T8

I guess the other thing I'm looking for is opinions on the old Explorer (+GPS nav) available Cabela's for $200 vs the later generation devices at $400.

T8
Old May 2nd 18, 02:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Renny[_2_]
external usenet poster

Default Inreach

On Wednesday, May 2, 2018 at 7:12:07 AM UTC-6, Tango Eight wrote:
On Wednesday, May 2, 2018 at 9:07:01 AM UTC-4, Tango Eight wrote:

T8

T8

I guess the other thing I'm looking for is opinions on the old Explorer (+GPS nav) available Cabela's for $200 vs the later generation devices at $400.

T8

T8 - I've been using the original Explorer for several years and it works just great. I haven't compared its features one by one versus the features of the new Garmin inReach Explorer+ but it does a great job for soaring and I also use it for hiking. At $200. it really is an excellent price, so I would not hesitate to buy one at Cabela's! Thx - Renny