Why was the USAF.....................

Old January 7th 04, 07:41 PM
Ron

Default Why was the USAF.....................

..

.........stood down on 9/11?

..
Old January 7th 04, 07:58 PM
Yeff

On 7 Jan 2004 10:41:23 -0800, Ron wrote:

.

........stood down on 9/11?

Wheels-up party post-IG.

-Jeff B.
yeff at erols dot com
Old January 7th 04, 08:03 PM
Michael Williamson

Ron wrote:

........stood down on 9/11?

It wasn't, so the question is non-sensical. Do you
have a coherent, thought out question to ask, or
would that be beyond your capabilities?

Mike

Old January 7th 04, 08:18 PM
C Knowles

We weren't.
Curt

"Ron" wrote in message
m...

........stood down on 9/11?

.

Old January 7th 04, 11:35 PM
BUFDRVR

.......stood down on 9/11?

Damn, no one told me. I was at work! Us bomber guys always seem to be the last
to know about the good deals

BUFDRVR

everyone on Bear Creek"
Old January 8th 04, 12:30 AM
Gene Storey

"Ron" wrote
.
........stood down on 9/11?

You're off a few years. The Air Defense Command went out of
business in 1978 (I was there). When the F-106 was retired, there was no
priority to continental air defense. It basically became an FAA
air traffic control system.

Old January 8th 04, 12:33 AM
Tarver Engineering

"Gene Storey" wrote in message
"Ron" wrote
.
........stood down on 9/11?

You're off a few years. The Air Defense Command went out of
business in 1978 (I was there). When the F-106 was retired, there was no
priority to continental air defense. It basically became an FAA
air traffic control system.

Weren't you just a sperm back then?

Old January 8th 04, 01:14 AM
OXMORON1

Mike Marron noted and asked:
The original poster asked a reasonable question and I was hoping
that someone such as yourself on active duty would've provided a
reasonable answer by now. Since I am not in the military I can only
speculate but it's obvious that the USAF dropped the ball on 9/11
BIG time!

How could the USAF or USN be held responsible for dropping the ball?
The intelligence community as a whole bears responsibility in individual areas.
It is not necessarily the function of military intelligence to cover domestic
and other intelligence areas.
Military intelligence applies to military functions, not the goings on of
people running around in Florida taking flying lessons or infiltrating the
national borders. Those areas were not in the jurisdiction of military
intelligence at the time.
The military drawdown after the collapse of the threats of the earlier cold war
were not the fault of military intelligence. You can't keep constant air
patrols without money and people.
The a/c on 9/11 did not penetrate US airspace from outside the country. They
were launched and taken over within our borders.

oxmoron1
MFE