Why was the USAF.....................

Old January 8th 04, 01:01 AM
BUFDRVR

Anyone with D model time, is long retired, or dead.

Not true. There a few "tall tail" guys around. They're all O-6 or above.

BUFDRVR

everyone on Bear Creek"
Old January 8th 04, 01:03 AM
BUFDRVR

New York should have AAA and SAM batteries, like most third world
countries. There should be no way an airplane can enter New York City
at high speed that isn't identified. Any aircraft at the speeds given, at
such
a low altitude should be splashed before they enter a center of commerce.

I would have NYC ringed by Patriot batteries, and anything above 250 knots
that isn't on a flight plan should be terminated. Error on the side of those
on the
ground.

Using this criteria, I would have been shot down in the Spring of '97 (I think
??) due to no fault of my own, or anyone on my jet.

BUFDRVR

everyone on Bear Creek"
Old January 8th 04, 01:13 AM
Pete

"Mike Marron" wrote

I'm the one asking the questions, here. You have to take into
consideration my other comments (not merely the one paragraph
above to which you've responded).

Once again, I said:

************************************************** *******************

The original poster asked a reasonable question and I was hoping
that someone such as yourself on active duty would've provided a
reasonable answer by now. Since I am not in the military I can only
speculate but it's obvious that the USAF dropped the ball on 9/11
BIG time!

Don't get me wrong, I realize that after the wall came down in 1989
the USAF didn't have fighters sitting at the ready all over the U.S.
pre-armed with missiles and pilots just waiting to shoot down domestic
airliners that have been hijacked by "Islamic ****s" ($1 to Juvat).

Having said that, to this day I too am confounded by the apparent
ineptness of the USAF (and especially the American intelligence
community) both of whom utterly failed to prevent the apocalyptic
death and destruction of 9/11.

Nowadays, when we're told of F-16's and -15's flying CAP over
major U.S. cities post-9/11 -- the first thing that springs to mind is
the old adage, "Closing the barn door after the horse has gotten
out..."

It appears that you believe the USAF "dropped the ball", and "utterly failed
to prevent the apocalyptic death and destruction of 9/11."

Again..I ask: How so?

Pete
I saw no 'question' in your original post.

Old January 8th 04, 01:32 AM
OXMORON1

Mike came back with:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the USAF an integral part of the
intelligence community? If yes, then doesn't the USAF share the
blame for 9/11?

Yes the USAF has a place within the intelligence community, but they/it is
primarily tasked with intelligence matters concerning air warfare.
Before you snap back, IIRC the FBI,CIA, INS and Dept of the Treasury are
primarily concerned with areas from which the attack came.
Also under your accusation the Coast Guard Aux., Army, Navy, Air Force Reserve,
National Guard screwed up, so did Barney Fife and the officer responsible for
intelligence in the Talequah. OK PD.
Under your reasoning, I am responsible for the outcome in the Unpleasantness
during the SEA wargames. And no, I was not an intelligence type, just your
ordinary navigator, but one bomb might have missed the Command Staff of the
Vietnamese Freedom Loving Good Guys.
Enough of your urinating contest Mike, I'm gong to the house.

oxmoron1
Under your
Old January 8th 04, 01:35 AM
Mike Marron

Once again, I said:

************************************************** *******************

[...]

Correct. Also note in my second paragraph above that I cut the
USAF some slack. And as you will note in my third paragraph above,
I also believe that the various U.S. intelligence agencies (CIA, NSA,
FBI, etc.) were equally as negligent, inept, incompetent, etc.

Again..I ask: How so?

Quite simply, the USAF is in the business of defending the good
ol' U.S. of A. The USAF, in addition to the USN, Army and Marine
Corps along with the various civilian intelligence and national
security agencies completely and totally failed to defend the
good ol' U.S. of A. on 11 Sept, 2001. Or, are you implying that
the USAF is exempt from sharing any blame for 9/11?

Old January 8th 04, 01:36 AM
Bob McKellar

Gene Storey wrote:

"Pete" wrote

Really. So what should have been done differently?

New York should have AAA and SAM batteries, like most third world
countries. There should be no way an airplane can enter New York City
at high speed that isn't identified. Any aircraft at the speeds given, at such
a low altitude should be splashed before they enter a center of commerce.

I would have NYC ringed by Patriot batteries, and anything above 250 knots
that isn't on a flight plan should be terminated. Error on the side of those on the
ground.

Unfortunately, your post is dated January 2004. I seem to have misplaced your post from
early 2001 detailing the specific threat and making your recommendations, along with the
budgetary implications. Of course, you also advocated similar precautions for ALL large
US cities, didn't you? I am sure the congressional delegations from states such as
Illinois and California would have had some input.

Could you favor us with a copy of your pre 9/11 prescriptions?

Bob McKellar

Old January 8th 04, 02:07 AM
Allen Epps

"Pete" wrote

Really. So what should have been done differently?

New York should have AAA and SAM batteries, like most third world
countries. There should be no way an airplane can enter New York City
at high speed that isn't identified. Any aircraft at the speeds given, at
such
a low altitude should be splashed before they enter a center of commerce.

I would have NYC ringed by Patriot batteries, and anything above 250 knots
that isn't on a flight plan should be terminated. Error on the side of
those on the
ground.

Hmmmm, Afraid all the Nike sites were sold.... Bad idea then, bad idea
now.

Pugs
Old January 8th 04, 02:10 AM
Mike Marron

OXMORON1 wrote:
Mike Marron wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the USAF an integral part of the
intelligence community? If yes, then doesn't the USAF share the
blame for 9/11?

Yes the USAF has a place within the intelligence community, but they/it is
primarily tasked with intelligence matters concerning air warfare.

Don't look now, but since 9/11 the USAF has been flying CAP over
American cities. Now, why do you s'pose that is?

Before you snap back, IIRC the FBI,CIA, INS and Dept of the Treasury are
primarily concerned with areas from which the attack came.

So, the USAF is exempt from any blame whatsoever for the 9/11 attacks?

Also under your accusation the Coast Guard Aux., Army, Navy, Air Force Reserve,
National Guard screwed up, so did Barney Fife and the officer responsible for
intelligence in the Talequah. OK PD.
Under your reasoning, I am responsible for the outcome in the Unpleasantness
during the SEA wargames. And no, I was not an intelligence type, just your
ordinary navigator, but one bomb might have missed the Command Staff of the
Vietnamese Freedom Loving Good Guys.

You can continue to misconstrue what I wrote and put words in my
mouth, but my contention is simply that the USAF, along with the
various civilian U.S. intelligence agencies, dropped the ball BIG time
on 9/11.

Enough of your urinating contest Mike, I'm gong to the house.

Huh? You consider THIS is ****ing contest??! Better remove those
rose-colored AF glasses before you get home lest you miss the
mark and pee all over the wife's camode!

Old January 8th 04, 03:05 AM
David Hartung

"Gene Storey" wrote in message
Anyone with D model time, is long retired, or dead.

Guess I dated myself, huh?

43MMS
Anderson AFB
1977-78