1 in 3 vets sees Iraq, Afghan wars as wastes

Old October 7th 11, 09:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.piloting
Quaalude

Default 1 in 3 vets sees Iraq, Afghan wars as wastes

Nearly half of post-9/11 veterans said deployments strained their
relationship with their spouses, and a similar share reported problems
with their children.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/world/52680862-68/veterans-percent-afghanistan-iraq.html.csp
Old October 8th 11, 01:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
150flivver

On Oct 7, 7:14*pm, VOR-DME wrote:
In article , says...

The non-news is that we commit our kids and adults to worthless
pursuits, ruin their lives and for much of nothing.

Do we 'ruin their lives', and is it a 'worthless pursuit'?
Based on what we just learned (we do learn, don t we) their 'life ruin'
is not necessarily greater than if they had stayed home, barbecuing
chicken. As far as the 'worthless pursuit' part, yes, the way we re
doing it now, as soon as we leave Afghanistan, it will take about 1.5
picoseconds before the Taliban overrun the entire country and we find
ourselves in the same situation as 1.5 picoseconds prior to the first
plane impact on the WTC. 3 picoseconds, that s not a lot of time for
strategy. Better to increase the effort now even at the risk of a
soldier getting a splinter from a wooden seat in the refectory (battle
injury), than to wait for them to blow up one of our major cities.

If we had taken care of business in Afghanistan immediately after
9/11rather divert our attention to Iraq, we wouldn't have ****ed away
hundreds of billions of dollars and allowed the Taliban to set up a
sanctuary in Pakistan and reconstitute. The whole Iraqi Freedom
operation was based on either incompetent intelligence analysts in the
CIA or deliberate lies and deception (non-existent WMD and nuclear)
and I really think the Bush administration should be held
accountable. At the very least, history will judge the Bush years as
a blight.
Old October 8th 11, 04:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.piloting
Tom[_15_]

On Fri, 7 Oct 2011 17:43:13 -0700 (PDT), 150flivver wrote:

On Oct 7, 7:14*pm, VOR-DME wrote:
[...]

You answered VOR-DME, thanks for that. Absolutely we did "ruin their
lives' and "is it a 'worthless pursuit'?" Yes, it terms of humankind.

Not to mention but I will the lives of millions and millions of Iraqi,
Iranians and geographically pertinent peoples.
Old October 9th 11, 04:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.military
Tom[_15_]

On Sun, 09 Oct 2011 00:47:49 +0200, VOR-DME wrote:

Bit of a quandry trying to place Mr Tom amongst the "geographically
pertinent peoples"!!

No quandry, I am not.