ELT's

Old March 16th 05, 07:27 PM

Default ELT's

At the Seniors, we had one pilot who called on 123.3 and said he heard
a elt going off, and everybody should check their's. Well, it was his
going off and bleeding over on 123.3 on his radio. So, if you hear a
ELT going off, and your flying along on another frequency, it just
could be yours. I don't know why it went off, but he came back in to
land and turned it off. Remember, rules or elt's don't prevent
accidents, only we, the PIC do. On this finish line/ cylinder circle,
what is important is you, the PIC, has the choice at how your going to
do it. Nobody makes you come by at high speed and low altitude. If some
say "other's are doing it, so I will", well, that's peer presure, and
we should of grown up out of that in our childhood. Again, come over
the finish at a altitude that makes you comfortable. On the 4th day, I
made a rolling finish, no problem, but that's my choice as the PIC, and
maybe someone on this fine RAS news group can show me in the rules that
make you, the PIC, cross the finish line at 50 ft and redline. Its your
choice, no one elses, and if its not you, well, see that and adjust
according. At Tonopah a few years ago, the mornin speaker asked who had
been the 15 Meter National USA winner in 1994. No one knew. Get the
hint, he even asked the guy who won it, he thought he won it in another
year. Folks who are new to contest's will get a mentor, and if you have
been going to contests, and you need to talk about something, well, its
pretty simple, just go find somebody, and talk. I do believe you will
get help or directed to someone whom will help you. The wise man will
accept all knowledge, sort it out, and keep what he feels is the best.
What I have seen in our sport is alot of folks who want to share how
they did it today, and if you can listen, they will be happy to talk,
talk, talk. Get the hint. Thermal tight, Soar high, Fly safe, # 711.

406 ELTs: link featuring many models [email protected] Soaring 0 February 20th 05 09:36 PM
ELT's Brad Soaring 3 January 20th 05 06:12 AM
New 406 MHz ELT's Brian GJ Soaring 0 July 5th 04 06:52 PM
ELT's are a joke Buck Wild Soaring 22 November 18th 03 08:44 AM
121.5 MHz ELT's (was Breitling Watch) EDR Piloting 1 August 21st 03 05:41 AM