Cornea Transpants and Clas III Medical??????

Old July 16th 07, 02:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ted[_2_]

Default Cornea Transpants and Clas III Medical??????

Hi Everyone,
I am hoping someone out there might be able to answer this for me.....after
flying for over 30 years I finally had to have cornea transplants.....my
vision is now BETTER than 20/20, which is unbelievable......does the FAA
allow a Class III to someone with cornea transplants?? I relize that I can
fly without a medical under the sport pilot class but I would rather fly
something bigger.

THANKS!!

Ted

Old July 16th 07, 02:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gig 601XL Builder

Ted wrote:
Hi Everyone,
I am hoping someone out there might be able to answer this for
me.....after flying for over 30 years I finally had to have cornea
transplants.....my vision is now BETTER than 20/20, which is
unbelievable......does the FAA allow a Class III to someone with
cornea transplants?? I relize that I can fly without a medical under
the sport pilot class but I would rather fly something bigger.

THANKS!!

Ted

If you don't get a response you are comfortable with and maybe even if you
do, I'd call the AOPA.

Old July 16th 07, 03:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Tina

Take a look at Item D 34 on http://www.leftseat.com/ame993.htm.

It should be pretty comforting.