SSA Competition Rules Committee Meeting Minutes Now Available

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old December 8th 18, 11:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tom Kelley #711

Default SSA Competition Rules Committee Meeting Minutes Now Available

On Saturday, December 8, 2018 at 4:05:07 PM UTC-7, Andy Blackburn wrote:
Tom,

Not a typo.

We picked a round-ish number. Also, some expressed a concern over going smaller right away, so the intermediate step is to go 0.50 miles instead of 0.3107 miles so pilots can get a little more used to the different traffic patterns when converging on a smaller target. Pilots will need to develop slightly different tyrnpoint habits. Best not to learn the hard way if we can avoid it.

Obviously there’s a bigger question about how to handle the pretty clear US pilot preference for miles, feet and knots and whether you round some of the metric numbers to some number of decimal places in English units or mandate that everyone fly in a mixed feet/kilometers, knots/kph environment. No final decision on that.

Andy Blackburn

Well, the poll results wanted a FAI AT TP, not a USA RC adjusted TP. But thank you for at least answering my question and the RC's reasoning.

Last question.
Now, will you score to center of TP for a AT with just one fix inside of circle as they do world wide using the FAI rules or are you going to score the fix inside the AT TP which gives you greatest distance flown? I might have missed that on how it will be scored.

Again Andy, thank you. When you get your new toy flying get us some pictures!

Best. #711.