Come on Guys! Take this Challenge!

Old October 18th 05, 03:40 PM
George Patterson

Default Come on Guys! Take this Challenge!

Jay Beckman wrote:

Don't recall offhand if it was K Marx or V Lennin who, when asked why the
Soviet Military had tens of thousands of obsolete weapons in storage,
remarked:

Certainly neither. Both were dead long before the first nuclear weapon was created.

George Patterson
Drink is the curse of the land. It makes you quarrel with your neighbor.
It makes you shoot at your landlord. And it makes you miss him.
Old October 18th 05, 04:25 PM
Cecil Chapman

That's funny -- I was just thinking how the danged bureaucrats had become
so *bold* since 9/11.

While you seem to be a very good person, unfortunately it's individuals like
you, with your blind 'yes I will follow' attitude who can so easily be led
down a path that are the greatest threat to our country. Remember that it's
'government by and FOR the people',,, not the other way around.

I can only say one thing in response to your comment. Historically, there
have been governments that have used fear to take an otherwise intelligent
populace into regimes of more restriction and strengthening of an
authoritarian, centralist government. One only need to look at the history
of the last 100 years to find numerous examples. Anyone who would turn
their eye to such examples is either a fool of the most tragic sort or if it
be ignorance of the latter; the effects are just as tragic. Anyone who
truly loves this country (and not just 'say the words') and all that it
stands for looks at some of the provisions of the "Patriot" Act, for example
and rightfully shudders with fear and revulsion.

To quote old Ben F.: "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a
little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

=-----
Good Flights!

Cecil E. Chapman
CP-ASEL-IA

Student - C.F.I.

Check out my personal flying adventures from my first flight to the
checkride AND the continuing adventures beyond!
Complete with pictures and text at: www.bayareapilot.com

- Antoine de Saint-Exupery -

"We who fly, do so for the love of flying. We are alive in the air with
this miracle that lies in our hands and beneath our feet"
- Cecil Day Lewis -

Old October 18th 05, 05:01 PM
Denny

Mail your responses.. Letters carry vastly more weight than emails...
Emails will be counted, they won't be read past the opening sentence...
Every letter will separately opened and read... I put 6 letters into
the mail today on the ADIZ...

denny

Old October 18th 05, 05:34 PM
Jay Beckman

"Dan Luke" wrote in message

"Jay Beckman" wrote:

Don't recall offhand if it was K Marx or V Lennin who, when asked why the
Soviet Military had tens of thousands of obsolete weapons in storage,
remarked:

"Because quantity has a quality of it's own..."

Stalin said that in WWII. Karl Marx was dead long before there was a
Soviet Union.

Thanks for the correction.

I think that if the powers that be see a significant volume of comments
opposing the proposed rule, they're gonna probably (I hope) notice.

Maybe. The bureaucrats have become so timid after 9/11, though, that I
doubt they'll take even the slightest risk, real or perceived, WRT
protecting Washington against an attack.

--
Dan
C172RG at BFM

Old October 18th 05, 05:35 PM
Jay Beckman

"George Patterson" wrote in message
Jay Beckman wrote:

Don't recall offhand if it was K Marx or V Lennin who, when asked why the
Soviet Military had tens of thousands of obsolete weapons in storage,
remarked:

Certainly neither. Both were dead long before the first nuclear weapon was
created.

Apparently it was Stalin. Thanks for the heads up.

Jay B

Old October 18th 05, 05:42 PM
George Patterson

Jay Beckman wrote:

Thanks for the heads up.

None are deserved. I misread your post.

Old October 18th 05, 06:10 PM
Cecil Chapman

You know, Denny,,,, I wonder about that. I've heard 'jokes' (don't know if
they are true grin) that politicians will weigh the mailbags on various
issues and devote attention to the one with the most letters/weight.....
LOL!!!!

=-----
Good Flights!

Cecil E. Chapman
CP-ASEL-IA

Student - C.F.I.

Check out my personal flying adventures from my first flight to the
checkride AND the continuing adventures beyond!
Complete with pictures and text at: www.bayareapilot.com

- Antoine de Saint-Exupery -

"We who fly, do so for the love of flying. We are alive in the air with
this miracle that lies in our hands and beneath our feet"
- Cecil Day Lewis -
oups.com...

Old October 18th 05, 07:16 PM
Montblack

("Cecil Chapman" wrote)
You know, Denny,,,, I wonder about that. I've heard 'jokes' (don't know
if they are true grin) that politicians will weigh the mailbags on
various issues and devote attention to the one with the most
letters/weight..... LOL!!!!

My niece worked in DC for a Senator. She said they seldom read e-mails but
always read snail mail.

Montblack

Old October 18th 05, 08:06 PM
Peter Duniho

"Jay Beckman" wrote in message
[...]
I think that if the powers that be see a significant volume of comments
opposing the proposed rule, they're gonna probably (I hope) notice.

One need only look at the outcome of other recent FAA NPRM, in which
thousands of "against" comments were provided without changing the direction
of the rule-making, to udnerstand that commenting on this NPRM isn't going
to have an effect either.

Face it: at this point in the game, with the NPRM already written and
published, the rule is as good as made. Whichever FAA bureaucrats put this
whole thing together, there's no way they're going to admit it's a mistake.

Frankly, if anything, restricted airspace gives those FAA bureaucrats a
reason for being. It's the same reason ALL of our supposed "security
improvements" have been made: for some bizarre reason, the general public is
trusting those who get paid to create security to tell us how much security
we need.

Pete

Old October 19th 05, 12:33 AM
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Denny wrote:
Mail your responses.. Letters carry vastly more weight than emails...
Emails will be counted, they won't be read past the opening sentence...
Every letter will separately opened and read... I put 6 letters into
the mail today on the ADIZ...

I'm not so sure. I usually write an actual letter to my senators and the last
three responses were so generic I was unable to decypher what issue to which
they were responding. Since I write on a multitude of issues, it might be
helpful if they'd give a guy a hint.

Snailmail is no guarantee it's read any more carefully than email.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

VE