Give Lucky Jack a ride to Phoenix

Old February 11th 08, 06:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
9.9 Fingers

Default Give Lucky Jack a ride to Phoenix

Don't know if anyone who reads this NG could help, but I thought this
contained the proper amount of "aviation-related" content as to be
acceptable on the group. Apologies if I am wrong.

Thank you,
Gary Kasten

You can read the story but in summary:
Lucky Jack is a dog that was brought to the vet that had been shot with a
hunting arrow. The metal arrowhead is still in the dog's head (pictures on
the webpage). They need to get the dog moved from Hot Springs, AR to
Phoenix, AZ for surgery but no commercial airline will let the vet fly with
the dog in the cabin of the plane so they are looking for a pilot who will
fly him.

http://www.hotspringsvillagevet.com/lucky_jack_fund.htm

Old February 11th 08, 07:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Ross

9.9 Fingers wrote:
Don't know if anyone who reads this NG could help, but I thought this
contained the proper amount of "aviation-related" content as to be
acceptable on the group. Apologies if I am wrong.

Thank you,
Gary Kasten

You can read the story but in summary:
Lucky Jack is a dog that was brought to the vet that had been shot with
a hunting arrow. The metal arrowhead is still in the dog's head
(pictures on the webpage). They need to get the dog moved from Hot
Springs, AR to Phoenix, AZ for surgery but no commercial airline will
let the vet fly with the dog in the cabin of the plane so they are
looking for a pilot who will fly him.

http://www.hotspringsvillagevet.com/lucky_jack_fund.htm

I wonder if Angle Flight would accept this?

--

Regards, Ross
C-172F 180HP
Old February 11th 08, 08:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Robert M. Gary

On Feb 11, 10:53*am, Ross wrote:
9.9 Fingers wrote:
Don't know if anyone who reads this NG could help, but I thought this
contained the proper amount of "aviation-related" content as to be
acceptable on the group. *Apologies if I am wrong.

Thank you,
Gary Kasten

You can read the story but in summary:
Lucky Jack is a dog that was brought to the vet that had been shot with
a hunting arrow. *The metal arrowhead is still in the dog's head
(pictures on the webpage). *They need to get the dog moved from Hot
Springs, AR to Phoenix, AZ for surgery but no commercial airline will
let the vet fly with the dog in the cabin of the plane so they are
looking for a pilot who will fly him.

http://www.hotspringsvillagevet.com/lucky_jack_fund.htm

I wonder if Angle Flight would accept this?

Could be. I'm thinking it might be best for their corporate Angel
Flight. Using typical owner aircraft this would end up being a relay
flight with at least 3 aircraft. Changing planes that many times might
be tough for the dog.

-Robert
Old February 12th 08, 03:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Robert Dorsey

These people may be able to help.

http://www.madine.org/heart.html

************************************************* ***********

Old February 12th 08, 04:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Michelle[_1_]

9.9 Fingers wrote:
Don't know if anyone who reads this NG could help, but I thought this
contained the proper amount of "aviation-related" content as to be
acceptable on the group. Apologies if I am wrong.

Thank you,
Gary Kasten

You can read the story but in summary:
Lucky Jack is a dog that was brought to the vet that had been shot with
a hunting arrow. The metal arrowhead is still in the dog's head
(pictures on the webpage). They need to get the dog moved from Hot
Springs, AR to Phoenix, AZ for surgery but no commercial airline will
let the vet fly with the dog in the cabin of the plane so they are
looking for a pilot who will fly him.

http://www.hotspringsvillagevet.com/lucky_jack_fund.htm

Angel Flight might take this or they might know who could.
Michelle
Old February 21st 08, 07:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

I just read the website and it says that the dog had his surgery in
Baton Rouge instead on Friday Feb 9th and is recovering nicely.

Lucky to be alive? john smith Piloting 45 January 7th 07 05:00 AM
Lucky to be alive? john smith Piloting 0 January 1st 07 05:30 PM
Lucky guy R.L. Piloting 0 December 21st 05 11:08 PM
Lucky folks David Lesher Owning 9 August 5th 05 02:11 PM
Lucky Woman Larry Smith Home Built 5 October 13th 03 06:50 AM