Radio / microphone question.

Old January 25th 06, 10:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default Radio / microphone question.

Hi All

I have a King KY195B TSO radio. It uses a Telex 66T , amplified dynamic Microphone.

It works well, but I want to change the microphone to a boom mic. (This is in a
sailplane)

The question is whether an electret mic will work.

Any suggestions?
--
Bruce Greeff
Std Cirrus #57

Old January 29th 06, 04:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Speaking of amplified microphones...I was over at your web site and saw
the article from Oct. 1985 on using a transformer to convert a
commercial headset into one compatible for use in a plane.
(KP85OCT.PDF) I was thinking of doing this with a cheap active noise
cancelling headset.

The boom mike is the issue. Is there one available? I was looking for
something cheap to be used as a spare headset, or to be used by an extra
passenger in the plane.

Thanks,
Paul

Old January 29th 06, 06:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

The earphones have never been the problem; the microphones always a problem.

Jim

"Paul Dowgewicz (Remove Caps in Address)" wrote in
message news:FrWCf.327844$0l5.277087@dukeread06...

The boom mike is the issue. Is there one available?

Radio Connector Question Slick Soaring 1 May 10th 04 11:06 AM
Vertex VXA-150 Pro V handheld radio question Alan Meyer Soaring 2 April 24th 04 01:42 PM
Radio silence, Market Garden and death at Arnhem ArtKramr Military Aviation 4 February 12th 04 01:05 AM
Radio Question Wizardo General Aviation 4 July 25th 03 01:24 PM