Brantly B2

Old May 5th 04, 06:58 AM
Hennie

Default Brantly B2

Please help me with some info on the Brantly B2

Will it be able to be flown safely in South Africa.
I live at 4700 ft above sea level
with summer temps up to 100F
I am worried about density altitude.

Thanks

Hennie
Old May 8th 04, 05:09 PM
Stu & Kathy Fields

Hennie: The best we can tell is that the Safari outperforms the Brantly in
these conditions.
I have hovered my Safari 8' AGL at density alt. of 8200' with 180# pilot and
1/2 tank fuel. I was not maxed out on power. There must be something about
the Brantly blade system that limits their alt performance. The power/wt
and hp/wt is as good or better than the Safari. But......
Stu Fields
om...

Old May 9th 04, 01:23 AM

"Stu & Kathy Fields" wrote:

The power/wt and hp/wt is as good or better than the Safari. But......

the brantly is a piece of junk. I'll take my scorpion over a brantly
any day.

BTW, the hub system on a brantley is a retarded attempt at a fully
articulated hub system. It has three heavy blades with the lead-lag
hinge about half way out on the blade. Its true, I'm not joking, the
blade hinges way out in the middle about 6 feet out.

No two-passenger helicopter should have been overloaded with those two
skinny guys in there. One was trapped underwater because the cockpit
is so cramped. Fortunately, he was able to pop the windscreen out and
escape through there.

Save your money and buy something besides a brantly.

Dennis H.

Dennis Hawkins
n4mwd AT amsat DOT org (humans know what to do)

"A RECESSION is when you know somebody who is out of work.
A DEPRESSION is when YOU are out of work.
A RECOVERY is when all the H-1B's are out of work."

To find out what an H-1B is and how Congress is using
them to put Americans out of work, visit the following
web site and click on the "Exporting America" CNN news
video: http://zazona.com/ShameH1B/MediaClips.htm

Old May 9th 04, 06:00 AM
terra

http://www.brantly.com/aircraft.htm
Hover IGE @ max weight, 59F, only 3,525 ft.

Old May 10th 04, 01:26 PM
helopilot

Dennis, you're stupid and obviously don't know what you're talking
about. The helicopter was not overloaded on that flight. The guy
flying it let the RRPM decay beyond recovery, as can be done with any
helicopter. The Brantly is a good, reliable helicopter that can be
operated very reasonably. It's also no more cramped than any other
2-place helicopter, and actually has more room than the R22 and
certainly more than your rediculous scorpion.

Old May 10th 04, 04:22 PM
Shiver Me Timbers

helopilot wrote:

The Brantly is a good, reliable helicopter that can be
operated very reasonably.

It may seem a little odd that you don't hear of them more,
or see them advertised on such websites as ASO.

But correct me I am wrong when I state that the
Brantly Company sells every machince it makes.
Old May 11th 04, 04:17 AM
Stu & Kathy Fields

I will say something postive the Brantly: I was given an opportunity to
hover a Brantly before I ever had any helo dual. I was able the first time
to hold the ship in position with the Cyclic without the instructor having
to grab. Something that never happened with anything short of a UH-1N
before. Certainly ot the Safari, not the R22, and not the Bell 47 nor the
Schweitzer 300CB. So I think the Brantly is much easier to fly. It just
doesn't seem to have the performance of other more twitchy helos.

Stu Fields

Old May 11th 04, 05:33 AM
me

Shiver Me Timbers wrote:

helopilot wrote:

The Brantly is a good, reliable helicopter that can be
operated very reasonably.

It may seem a little odd that you don't hear of them more,
or see them advertised on such websites as ASO.

But correct me I am wrong when I state that the
Brantly Company sells every machince it makes.

What happens to other companies that don't sell every machine they make.
Even Boeing make to order thats why there is only 1 or 2 747's on the
production line.

rm