Trailer covering

Old December 1st 05, 01:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default Trailer covering

I have built a trailer like fuselage- welded tubes to be covered in a
fabric... and need to find a covering that I can glue and shrink on like
the polyfiber system..... but hopefully less costly.. it does not need to be
certified! Any suggestions? any suggestions for a paint

-mat

--
Mat Redsell's Flying Wings
http://www.continuo.com/

Old December 1st 05, 04:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

mat Redsell wrote:
I have built a trailer like fuselage- welded tubes to be covered in a
fabric... and need to find a covering that I can glue and shrink on like
the polyfiber system..... but hopefully less costly.. it does not need to be
certified! Any suggestions? any suggestions for a paint

The skypup ultralight plans originally called for covering with a
dacron polyester material sold as (IIRC) called 'sheath
lining' used for the interior of suitcoats or maybe dresses. It
was commonly sold unshrunk, and was heat shrinkable.
You can inquire about it on the SkyPup Yahoo _Club:

Evidently it was very similar to the 1.6 oz/yd uncertified
polyester cloth.

Some people attempting to find the material in
recent years have reported that it is also (perhaps the
norm nowadays) pre-shrunk.

--

FF

Old December 2nd 05, 06:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Everything you need to know is in this thread:
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.a...c624746f145301

Old December 3rd 05, 03:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

mat Redsell wrote:
I have built a trailer like fuselage- welded tubes to be covered in a
fabric... and need to find a covering that I can glue and shrink on like
the polyfiber system..... but hopefully less costly.. it does not need to be
certified! Any suggestions? any suggestions for a paint

-mat

Aircraft Spruce sells and uncertified fabric at about half the cost of
the certified stuff.

Cover it with latex paint.

--
This is by far the hardest lesson about freedom. It goes against
instinct, and morality, to just sit back and watch people make