Yenc Solution

Old July 15th 07, 01:10 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Alan[_1_]

Default Yenc Solution

Full featured reader? - Newsbin Pro
I use OE with YProxy in case a Yenc'er slips in.
Alan
"Don Pyeatt" wrote in message
---
I'm still waiting for someone to tell me what other newsreaders will do

that
OE will not, except decode yEnc.

OE is a web browser ?????

gdp

Old July 15th 07, 03:02 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Terry M[_3_]

Yep - just found one that it would not decode. It worked terrific for the
ones that it did read and decode though. I download a lot of material from
the ebook groups where almost exclusively everything is in yenc.

"The Good Poster" wrote in message
I use OeyEnc and it seems to work just fine for many yEnc messages - but
not all. I believe this means that yEnc is not yet standardized.

I also have yProxy. You have to search around to find it for free, and I
have to have my son set it up for me. But it decodes a much higher
percentage of messages than OeyEnc.

I have downloaded the X-News setup file, but have not yet installed it. I
would be interested to hear what users think of it.

Joe
TGP

"Terry M" wrote in message
m...
I had heard of the free OeyEnc plugin for OE several months ago but was
leery of messing with it at that time. I went ahead and downloaded
yesterday and installed and WOW - it works great. I don't particularly
like yenc encoded pics in here but the e-book groups use it almost
exclusively. It just saved me a tremendous amount of time in that I didn't
have to wait for OE to look for the hyperlinks and the "save as" which can
take a long time if a lot of parts. Plus I didn't have to use NewzToolz to
decode it after it finally was downloaded - its all done in the
background. I was completely impressed and highly recommend it to the OE
folks (like me). Its free and simple to install and no learning curve in
using it.

"DR" wrote in message
Without taking sides in the debate, may I recommend a free and full
featured newsreader found at

http://xnews.newsguy.com/

xnews handles all formats effortlessly.

Old July 15th 07, 04:39 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
HEMI-Powered[_2_]

Don Pyeatt added these comments in the current discussion du
jour ...

"Garrapata" wrote in message
On Sat, 14 Jul 2007 08:19:16 -0500, "Don Pyeatt"
wrote:

Sorry, I already have a free and full-featured newsreader.

No your newsreader is an outdated kludge of a web-browser
which you paid for when you bought your Windows computer --

09=ix

Roger the original purchase. You too, if you run Windoze,
paid for OE.

I'm still waiting for someone to tell me what other
newsreaders will do that OE will not, except decode yEnc.

if you have to ask that question, perhaps you're best off staying
with OE

OE is a web browser ?????

gdp

--
HP, aka Jerry
Old July 15th 07, 07:41 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
russell[_2_]

wrote:

Sorry, I already have a free and full-featured newsreader.

No your newsreader is an outdated kludge of a web-browser
which you paid for when you bought your Windows computer --

09=ix

Roger the original purchase. You too, if you run Windoze,
paid for OE.

I'm still waiting for someone to tell me what other
newsreaders will do that OE will not, except decode yEnc.

if you have to ask that question, perhaps you're best off staying
with OE

OE is a web browser ?????

gdp

--
HP, aka Jerry

That's the point, some of us DO need to stay with OE.. But that shouldn't
mean we shouldn't be able to view pictures.

Old July 15th 07, 06:02 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Vincent D. DeSimone

"DR" wrote in message
Without taking sides in the debate, may I recommend a free and full
featured newsreader found at

http://xnews.newsguy.com/

xnews handles all formats effortlessly.

I use both OE and Xnews. OE is simplistic but simple to use; Xnews does it
all and translates nearly anything. Now, based on these posts, I downloaded
and installed OeyEnc and tried it out. I like it a lot!!

People who yak about yEnc and only use OE have nothing to complain about if
they install this simple exe. Thanks!!

Old July 29th 07, 04:33 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
AWem

On Sat, 14 Jul 2007 18:33:43 -0400, "adelsonsl"
wrote:

ANYONE THAT POSTS IN YEN IS A FRIGGING IDIOT
"HEMI-Powered" wrote in message
.. .
bill6mc added these comments in the current discussion du jour

It's a bit stupid posting in DOLLARS too....

But each time I come back to this group I get enormous and unending
enjoyment reading the Yenc/anti-Yenc comments and flames.

Keep it up chaps!

Old July 30th 07, 06:13 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Bob Harrington

AWem wrote in newsmcpa31tvmn8kcg1tiuou17sbb59so54bj@
4ax.com:

wrote:

ANYONE THAT POSTS IN YEN IS A FRIGGING IDIOT
"HEMI-Powered" wrote in message
. ..
bill6mc added these comments in the current discussion du jour

It's a bit stupid posting in DOLLARS too....

Please feel free to post me all the dollars - or yen - you want. I'll give
them a good home.