Hydraerobus

Old December 22nd 07, 05:45 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
bob

Default Hydraerobus

Anyone have more info on this flying death trap?

Bob

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bus001.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	149.0 KB
ID:	20633
Old December 22nd 07, 11:00 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Panic

"bob" wrote in message news:wv1bj.406$HQ6.265@trndny01...
Anyone have more info on this flying death trap?

Bob

I would wager that it is only a death trap, NOT a flying death trap. That
sucker will never get off the ground.

Darrell R. Schmidt
B-58 Hustler Web Site
http://members.cox.net/dschmidt1/
USAF Pilot Class 55-I Web Site
http://pilotclass55india.org/

Old December 23rd 07, 12:28 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Andrew Chaplin

"Panic" wrote in message
news

"bob" wrote in message news:wv1bj.406$HQ6.265@trndny01...
Anyone have more info on this flying death trap?

Bob

I would wager that it is only a death trap, NOT a flying death trap. That
sucker will never get off the ground.

Check out the deflection on that control surface. I would say that the pilot
is travelling with the "Not Ready for Flight Time Players."
--
Andrew Chaplin
SIT MIHI GLADIUS SICUT SANCTO MARTINO

Old December 26th 07, 12:32 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
CWO4 Dave Mann

bob wrote:
Anyone have more info on this flying death trap?

Bob

That bunch sure don't look happy .... That pilot ("Aeroplane Teamster"?)
sure has a death grip on the wheel. Oh, yeah, and I imagine that
elevator position would make for some interesting take off maneuvers.
On the other hand, sure has enough wheels to grip the roadway.

Looks Russian or East European ... anyway, Vladimir, have your peeps
call my peeps via the Telephonic Speaking Device, eh? We'll work out
first rights on the crash photos ...

Dave
Old December 26th 07, 08:31 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
CWO4 Dave Mann

DAN wrote:
bob wrote:

Anyone have more info on this flying death trap?

This is the Voisin Hydro-Aérobus,designed in 1912.

Amphibian ordered by Henry Deutsch and build by Gabriel Voisin, for 1 pilot and
6 passengers.
Clerget engine 200HP, pusher prop driven by a chain between the quad booms
carrying the fins.

Actually not a death trap at all: the hydro-aérobus did carry the expected load
of 6 passengers, both from water and from airstrips. Did not crash, and was
finally abandoned when the customer found it too difficult to fly for his
skills. Voisin re-used the parts.

dan

Dang! We learn something everyday. Thanks for the info.

Cheers,

Dave
(Aeroplane Teamster)