planez2958L.jpg (1/1)

Old July 8th 07, 08:19 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Dallas[_2_]

Default planez2958L.jpg (1/1)

Plonk again, for being an annoying little child.

"Klark" wrote in message
"Dallas" wrote in

The group has had a long time established guideline of not posting in
yEnc. Why post images in a format that cant be viewed by everyone. So
why bother downloading the headers of those who post in yEnc. Oh, I
just added you to the plonk barrel too. Have a nice day.

"Clark" wrote in message
"Dallas" wrote in

Just to let you know, The only reason I am putting you in my Plonk
basket, is because you are posting in yEnc. Im sure your pictures are
nice, but since all it puts out here is jibberish, I wont be viewing
any of it anyway. D

Grow up.

Like I said, grow up. Plonking me has no affect on what I post. Posting
complaints about yenc won't change a thing. Add a free yenc decoder to the
sorry excuse for a newsreader you use and you won't have to complain about
something that is a total non-event.

--
---
there should be a "sig" here

Old July 8th 07, 08:24 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Dallas[_2_]

Why do you choose to insinuate yourself in a point a to point b message
complaining about my complaining.... The group has established for a very
long time that the prefered posting format is non yEnc. I simply informed
the person that was posting in yEnc as to why I was blocking him from my
reception. If in the future he posts in the proper format, I will gladly
unblock him. As to my program usage, why should I jump thru hoops to put in
extra software that I have no need of. I see everyone elses images just
fine, at least the ones that have the common respect to follow the groups
charter. Nuff said. I wish you a good day.

"Clairbear" wrote in message
"Dallas" wrote in

Just to let you know, The only reason I am putting you in my Plonk
basket, is because you are posting in yEnc. Im sure your pictures are
nice, but since all it puts out here is jibberish, I wont be viewing
any of it anyway. D

why don't you just get program like xnews that decodes yenc or just not
bother to complain and ignore the posters who use it.

Old July 8th 07, 05:08 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Troy24

Instead of Bitching about the posting why don't you offer help.
What a bunch of A__holes
Old July 8th 07, 05:12 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Clairbear

"Dallas" wrote in

Why do you choose to insinuate yourself in a point a to point b
message complaining about my complaining.... The group has
established for a very long time that the prefered posting format is
non yEnc. I simply informed the person that was posting in yEnc as to
why I was blocking him from my reception. If in the future he posts
in the proper format, I will gladly unblock him. As to my program
usage, why should I jump thru hoops to put in extra software that I
have no need of. I see everyone elses images just fine, at least the
ones that have the common respect to follow the groups charter. Nuff
said. I wish you a good day.

It is too much trouble to dl a useful program rather then plod along using
something like outlook?
I use xnews which eliminates the yenc issue the hassle of downloading and
pasting back together multipart files and just overallincreases the speed
and enjoyment of the usenet. Give it a try you might like it
Remember "It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness"

Old July 8th 07, 05:18 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Troy24

On Sun, 08 Jul 2007 16:12:48 GMT, Clairbear wrote:

[...]

Thank you I will try XNEWS

Old July 8th 07, 07:35 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Gene S. Park

I don't have time to put up with his moronic crap. He's blocked

"Clark" wrote in message
"Jim Morris" wrote in
@newsfe15.phx:

Like I said, grow up. Plonking me has no affect on what I post. Posting
complaints about yenc won't change a thing. Add a free yenc decoder to
the
sorry excuse for a newsreader you use and you won't have to complain
about
something that is a total non-event.

You are stupid. Go away.
yEnc free (mostly) for a very long time.
Us old folks like it that way.
Now go away.

Old fashioned Jim Morris

I'll be a little more specific than my other post.

"Dallas" was rude. Uncalled for rude. Your are equally rude. If you don't
like something, calling it stupid won't help. Saying you can't change for
the
better won't help. Telling other people what to do won't help. Do you get
it
now? I doubt it.

--
---
there should be a "sig" here

Old July 9th 07, 02:38 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Gene S. Park

I would love to see a post, but so far all there is some asinine gibberish
in that yEnc code. If the poster so thoughtless or mindless to post in a
code that seems to be universally detested, then I don't have time trying to
decode it. There are other posters who do a wonderful job in posting in jpg,
and I thank them for all of their hard work and effort. So for yEnc posters,
you are blocked and can **** off for all I care and I get on to seeing
images instead of gibberish.

"Qlark" wrote in message
"Dallas" wrote in news:Nd0ki.20042
$Fc.15527@attbi_s21:

Plonk again, for being an annoying little child.

Are we having fun yet? Do you feel powerful when you announce to the world
that you can't stand to see a post from someone?

Old July 15th 07, 06:46 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Ernest Fowler

Well, Troy, I'd do this privately since it IS a week late but I'm not so
sure your email is 'true'. So, here goes nutin'...

What the old-timers were trying to tell you is that we have got a protocol
for doing things on this particular UG. That is because this UG has
actually got old-timers in the UG that are authorities on the very subject
this group is about...aviation. Many have been photographers for years and
might have provided some of the images you probably uploaded over the past
few days. Others are artists of one kind or another whose specialty is
aviation art. Some have been air frame mechanics, some designers, others
were crew on aircraft seen here, some, well, you get the picture? These
folk KNOW about aviation in its many forms. They have every right to be
critical. They have forgotten more about those images you have to upload
than you can find in any other source. Just be polite and listen. Ask
questions if you can. But don't get snotty (see your post below, Troy). It
won't get you anywhere with them.

Now then, Troy, about the format you used. Nothing is wrong with it (in a
manner of speaking). Just let us know you are not sending us your pictures
as JPG, JPEG, BMP (if you must) or other plain jane format. In your subject
line include yEnc for information purposes. Then folk like myself know we
need to add a step or two BEFORE we can see the images. As someone else
already pointed out, throughout the UG-sphere the standard is to provide the
format if it is NOT standard binary. You probably don't know this but some
of the countries that members of this UG come from actually charge internet
users for every second they access the 'net. When they download one of your
images thinking it is part of a series, they end up wasting money as well as
time. They will get upset if you waste their time (kinda noticed that,
didn't you?). Oh, and not all of us have hi-speed internet access either.

Last of all, Troy, please, Please, PLEASE provide us with whatever you have
about the source of your images. If they are copyrighted, we MUST know. It
is the right thing to do, providing the credit where it is due. Remember,
you MIGHT be uploading an image provided by a member of this UG. And that
individual WILL want that credit provided. You haven't been here long
enough, obviously, to have seen some of the long threads on how someone has
stolen someone else's work. Trust me, Troy, you do NOT want them to start
in on you. Blood, guts, fur, smoke everywhere from the flames...it isn't
pretty, Troy, it isn't pretty.

Now, pardon me but I have some more downloading of your images to do. Take
care and thanks for the uploads.

Oh, by the way, some of these same folk are found on other UG where they
share other interests. Anger them here and you might find yourself
embarrassed elsewhere.

Ernie in Kansas City, Kansas, USA