Help with MC-1 & Voice

Old August 9th 03, 09:58 PM
Larry

It's actually called the 1-MC (Pronounced: One Em Sea) as opposed to the
5-MC which is the public address system for the flight deck only.

Larry
AECS (AW/SW/MTS)
Disabled Combat Veteran
USN Retired

20 years of Navy in my rear view mirror
and getting further away every day ;-)

"Gralmk" wrote in message
OK, I work with a Museum and I would like to have sound effects from a

carrier,
I have the record that is sold on Ebay. But I need more. I would also like

get some of the voice trafic form and AC. I have tried to get current

soldiers
to contact me so I could get someone to run some tapes, but no luck. So if

some
folks could right down some or the voice traffic they have heard from MC1,

MC5,
and AC crews. I thank all those who can help, I know there will be alot of
comments that I can't use, but if we could keep those to only a few I am
greatful.

I know from what I read and see on tapes some of the common ones ie:

All Hands standby for a messsage from the skipper
Attention on deck, stand-by to recover AC
Bandit 3 O-clock high
Call the Ball
In the Groove

A seperate e-mail would be fine to
Again thanks to all that can add and help!

RAL

Old August 10th 03, 03:04 AM
Gralmk

Thank you for your help, I'm sure that the reson no one helps is because I may
have called someone a soldier rather then a sailor and that I got the numbers
and letters backwards. Now if I could get some SAILORS to really HELP with the
1-MC and 5-MC calls it sure would be great.

RAL
Old August 23rd 03, 03:06 PM
Bill Weibel

"All Hand stand clear of weather decks due to high winds and heavy seas"
"Turn to starboard heel to port" (or Vs)
"Flight Quarters Beware of Props and Jet Blast"
"flight Quarters for Helo Operations"
"This is a test of the 1MC" (running ducking)
""All Hands The movie tonight will be Gone With the Wind"
"COMCRUDESFLOTEIGHT Arriving"
"USS Oriskany Departing"
"Today is clean linen Day"
"Taps Lights Out, The smoking lamp is out in all berthing areas"
"Set the Special Sea and Anchor Detail, make all preparations for leaving
port Boatswains Mate of the Watch to the Bridge,Officer of the Day is
shifting his watch to the bridge"
"Shift colors, the ship is underway "
"General Quarters, All hands man your battle station, Damage Control parties
make your reports to the bridge"

and on and on.....

Bill