A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

SZD 48-3 Jantar Standard 3

Old June 12th 18, 05:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
ASM
external usenet poster

Default SZD 48-3 Jantar Standard 3

Hello group, I am curious if anyone on this group changed the main landing gear wheel on SZD 48-3 Jantar Standard 3 from factory wheel to TOST. If anyone did just that, any information about it would be greatly appreciated. Regards, Jacek
Old June 14th 18, 03:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
sisu1a
external usenet poster

Default SZD 48-3 Jantar Standard 3

On Tuesday, June 12, 2018 at 9:29:02 AM UTC-7, ASM wrote:
Hello group, I am curious if anyone on this group changed the main landing gear wheel on SZD 48-3 Jantar Standard 3 from factory wheel to TOST. If anyone did just that, any information about it would be greatly appreciated. Regards, Jacek

I converted my SZD-59 to a Cleveland hydraulic 5.00x5 and it works a whole lot better than the stupid factory brake. Can't speak about the TOST but I hear it also works a lot better than the stock one, though that's not exactly a high bar to beat