Best Looking Sailplane

Old November 2nd 09, 02:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Peter Smith[_2_]

Default Best Looking Sailplane

On Nov 1, 6:30*pm, Martin Gregorie
wrote:
On Sun, 01 Nov 2009 14:31:27 -0800, vontresc wrote:
None of that plastic stuff looks right. Give me some good old German
plywood. :-)

Hard to beat a Ka-6

For my money the best looking of the wooden gliders is the Fafnir.

--
martin@ * | Martin Gregorie
gregorie. | Essex, UK

All sailplanes are beautiful, but take a look at the National Soaring
Museum's newly restored Kirby Gull. Now that's a really beautiful ship!
Old November 2nd 09, 03:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

wrote:

On Sun, 01 Nov 2009 14:31:27 -0800, vontresc wrote:
None of that plastic stuff looks right. Give me some good old German
plywood. :-)

Hard to beat a Ka-6

For my money the best looking of the wooden gliders is the Fafnir.

--
martin@ * | Martin Gregorie
gregorie. | Essex, UK
org * * * |

All sailplanes are beautiful, but take a look at the National Soaring
Museum's newly restored Kirby Gull. Now that's a really beautiful ship!

Nah the most beautiful must be the Cherokee II

oh wait, we're not supposed to just post the type of glider that we
fly/own??

Libelles sure are pretty...

too bad that Kirby Gull never got to and probably never will fly after
such a great restoration.
Old November 2nd 09, 04:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Wayne Paul

Mike, I know you have a nice looking HP-18; however, here is another one.
http://www.soaridaho.com/Schreder

Wayne
http://tinyurl.com/N990-6F

HP-18 is still stunning!

Old November 2nd 09, 05:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
RRK

Gentelmen,
and the winner is: SZD 24 Foka-5. Delightful to fly, too.
Old November 2nd 09, 06:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

ASW22 nothing else comes near it for looks.

http://www.gliderforum.com/photos/sh...6&currentpos=1
http://www.gliderforum.com/photos/sh...1&currentpos=2

http://silentflight.com/asw22ag.jpg
http://silentflight.com/asw22_2.jpg

Then I am biased...

Al
Old November 2nd 09, 07:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS

Not voting for PW-5, Al?
Jim

Old November 2nd 09, 07:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Craig[_2_]

On Nov 1, 10:38*pm, JS wrote:
Not voting for PW-5, Al?
Jim

ASW-12

Craig
Old November 2nd 09, 07:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Nov 1, 10:38*pm, JS wrote:
Not voting for PW-5, Al?
Jim

This was best looking glider thread

now if you are talking 13M gliders then it has to be the H101 Salto.

But then again I am biased

Al
Old November 2nd 09, 08:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
KevinFinke

The ASW 20 was the first sailplane that I saw in a book where I
finally said I've got to get involved in this sport. I'd seen photos
of other gliders before, but I fell in love with that glider. And
you'll always remember your first. 20 years later and I know own a
very special version of an ASW 20.

My vote for the most beautiful sailplane is for the one you fly.
Nothing will beat that!

Old November 2nd 09, 06:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
jsbrake

I seem to recall that the Libelle was voted the most beautiful
sailplane in the world, back in '68 or '69. A very beautiful ship,
indeed. There's one at my club that I see either coming out of the
box or thermalling above me.

Given that the Libelle is the "little sister" to my Kestrel 19, I
certainly see a gorgeous family resemblance, but I prefer the long,
slim "legs" of my mistress.

Could this be used in a sailplane? Spam Soaring 6 July 5th 09 08:16 PM
Another Sailplane Ben Jeffrey Aviation Photos 2 June 24th 08 08:11 PM
New jet sailplane videos Bob C Soaring 1 September 2nd 06 02:52 AM
Sailplane Upholstery Gadget Guy Soaring 3 February 15th 06 10:54 PM
Flying a sailplane is like... Roger Worden Soaring 18 May 5th 05 02:07 PM