ARE RAMP CHECKS RAMPING UP?

Old January 25th 06, 01:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default ARE RAMP CHECKS RAMPING UP?

On 24 Jan 2006 11:19:52 -0800, "Denny" wrote:

Well of course they KNOW right off whether you are legal to fly or
not...
Given that the FAA writes the rules, interprets the rules they write,
and appeals to themselves if some lame brained ALJ should be so witless
as to disagree with them on mere facts; you are legal to fly if the
inspector wants you to be, and you are not legal to fly if the
inspector wants you to be not...

I've just never had that sort of confrontational experience.

And I will say that the rules are simple, to me.

Mike Weller

I have been approached at times over the years by persons masquerading
as a government official, demanding that I hand my documents over to
him... I flatly refuse.. Each time I tell the person that if he has
official business with me he must send a letter of request... Once I
have the letter my attorney will advise me what to do... And I turn my
back and resume I was doing before he accosted me...

I will point out that I still have my certificate, medical, etc., and I
am still waiting for the letter...

denny

Again, to me, I've never had a problem with the FAA.

Mike Weller

Old January 25th 06, 01:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Any pimple faced 14 year old with a color printer can make documents
that look even better than the FAA's...

And, my post came across as more confrontational than I am... I am not
confrontational, but I do not jump on command from someone, simply
because he feeds from the public trough... I have been in business all
my adult life... I have contracts, licenses, permits, etc., up to the
bungies... I deal with all levels of government on a daily basis... I
deal with insurance companies, I deal with manufacturers, I deal with
employers, I deal with employee unions, I deal with the courts, I deal
with police departments, I deal with lawyers, and on, and on... No
where in my entire life have I dealt with any level of government,
federal, state, county, or township, nor any other contracted party,
corporation, or NGO, where they claim to have the right to walk up and
accost me, unannounced, and demand that I drop what I am doing, and let
them inspect my licenses, documents, permits, or other records in my
possession in the middle of a public place...
Even OSHA sends a letter proposing a date and time for inspection of
the premises for safety hazards and asks for a response... Even when
the courts need a document in my possession, or my testimony, they send
a subpoena for that document or opinion stating a time and place
negotiable; they do not walk up to me, wave their wallet in my face,
and demand that I place documents in their hand, 'now'...
That the FAA has chosen to put itself above the normal conduct of
government is of no import to me... If the FAA has a need to inspect my
documents, they will have to send a letter proposing a time and place
and specifying what documents they need and for what reason, like any
other bureau of the executive branch of the government...

Now, I expect someone here will start babbling about police - that is a
totally different subject... The FAA is not a police department... The
FAA has no police powers... FAA inspectors are not peace officers
authorized with weapons, manacles, and arrest powers... The only action
the FAA can take is to send you a registered letter announcing
emergency revocation of your certificates...

In fact it is an extremely limited number of individuals in this
country that have police powers, i.e., who can accost you in public,
hold you against your will up to and including deadly force, and make
demands upon you without prior notice... The founding fathers in their
wisdom designed our government that way and for good reasons... Even
George Washington, who would have been crowned king had he agreed,
understood that the power of government has to be limited and
controlled lest it become a ravening beast - and he would be outraged
at the so called Patriot Act... Simply look at the HSA and their
demands for more and more TFR's, look at the wire taps without a judges
order, look at the secret searches of your home, look at U.S. citizens
detained without any constitutional rights being respected... (not
talking about aliens, whom I agree have no rights) and then try to tell
me that FAA inspector is your friend - man, that must have been one
hard fall from the turnip truck...

cheers ... denny

Old January 25th 06, 02:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Denny" wrote in message
ups.com...
Any pimple faced 14 year old with a color printer can make documents
that look even better than the FAA's...

Well, for my original PPL, he would have to have an old poor quality dot
matrix printer to make a good fake... If it looked too good, it would
obviously be a fake... I'm glad that we finally have plastic PPLs since they
should survive the washer a bit better than the paper ones did...

Old January 25th 06, 06:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On 25 Jan 2006 05:17:19 -0800, "Denny" wrote:

Any pimple faced 14 year old with a color printer can make documents
that look even better than the FAA's...

And, my post came across as more confrontational than I am...

And so did I...

Here is what a pimple faced pilot gets...

http://welleraviation.com/newpage1.htm

Old January 25th 06, 06:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Customs are sworn officers with guns, batons, manacles, and
attitudes...

denny

Old January 25th 06, 08:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Here is what a pimple faced pilot gets...

ancient student pilot license

Damn Mike... 5' 11" and 150lb? How did you keep from blowing away? G

Wooly

Old January 25th 06, 10:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

("Mike Weller" wrote)
[From and earlier post]
I'm going to post another story about a flight I had to take with them
(one). He asked to land the airplane after a check ride and he did but...

Mike Weller

PS. there are four that were remarkable.

Ready for the stories when you are. :-)

Montblack

Old January 26th 06, 01:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On 25 Jan 2006 12:29:12 -0800, "
wrote:

Here is what a pimple faced pilot gets...

ancient student pilot license

Damn Mike... 5' 11" and 150lb? How did you keep from blowing away? G

Wooly

I'm 6'2" now, and with the weight I carry, the Hindenburg would blush.

Mike Weller

Old January 26th 06, 01:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Here is what a pimple faced pilot gets...

ancient student pilot license

Damn Mike... 5' 11" and 150lb? How did you keep from blowing away? G

I graduated HS at 6' and 145. Long time since I saw either of those. g

As far as the wind goes, turn sideways. No belly sticking out makes you
like a very thin percent airfoil! :-)
--
Jim in NC