Flight Club

Old November 25th 08, 05:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony Condon

Default Flight Club

Well its wintertime in the northern hemisphere. The Cherokee is tucked
away in its trailer for the winter and im going through withdrawal.
Thankfully, I have flight club. anyone else been playing?

http://www.danburton.net/hg/hg.htm

the URL changed a bit from last year I think. and it seems that version
3.02 isnt working anymore which is a bummer, i always thought it was more
fun.

just finished the 100 km task in 102 minutes. not too bad, can you do
better?

-Tony Condon
Cherokee II N373Y
Old November 25th 08, 05:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
BT

Tony.. we are still flying.. I solo'd a 14yr old student last weekend.
Winter is our training season.
Although I must admit, two winter storms are expected this week. Snows down
to 6000MSL with the first one due in on Weds, and down to 4000MSL with the
second one over the weekend. So this weekend does not look to good.

BT

Old November 25th 08, 05:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Brad[_2_]

On Nov 24, 9:15*pm, Tony Condon wrote:
Well its wintertime in the northern hemisphere. *The Cherokee is tucked
away in its trailer for the winter and im going through withdrawal.
Thankfully, I have flight club. *anyone else been playing?

http://www.danburton.net/hg/hg.htm

the URL changed a bit from last year I think. *and it seems that version
3.02 isnt working anymore which is a bummer, i always thought it was more
fun.

just finished the 100 km task in 102 minutes. *not too bad, can you do
better?

-Tony Condon
Cherokee II N373Y

Hey Tony,

Congrats on the Silver Certificate!
Thought I'd let you know that a few Mondays ago we got 8500' in wave
for 3+ hours. It was spectacular!
We have our house mountain that in a S-S/W wind gives us ridge or
wave, depending on the conditions throughout the whole year!

Cheers,
Brad

Old November 25th 08, 07:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony Condon

I just did 99 km in 95 minutes. would've been my best finish ever, just
pushed too hard through the last thermal. rats.

-Tony Condon
Cherokee II N373Y
Old November 26th 08, 05:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony Condon

At 19:15 25 November 2008, Tony Condon wrote:
I just did 99 km in 95 minutes. would've been my best finish ever,

just
pushed too hard through the last thermal. rats.

-Tony Condon
Cherokee II N373Y

got a 101 minute run in this evening!!

-Tony Condon
Cherokee II N373Y
Old November 27th 08, 03:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

We need some way to have a Flight Club OLC.
Old November 27th 08, 04:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Taylor

On Nov 26, 8:42*pm, wrote:
We need some way to have a Flight Club OLC.

I want to see the igc files on those 89 to 90 minutes flights (still
trying to do better than 95 ;-).

Old November 28th 08, 12:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

I want to see the igc files on those 89 to 90 minutes flights (still
trying to do better than 95 ;-).

'

Exactly!
Old November 28th 08, 12:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Nov 28, 1:03*am, wrote:
I want to see the igc files on those 89 to 90 minutes flights (still
trying to do better than 95 ;-).

'

Exactly!

Just did another 96. Just before that, I had a good one going, but
accidently hit the "go fast" button and screwed up a thermal.

If you can make the first line of hills in 18-19, you have a good
chance to go under 95 because you hit things right along the rest of
the route. That, of course, takes a lucky first leg.
That last 96, I had 21 min. at the first hills.

I too wish I had flight logs from this!