Violent airliner landing - is this real?

Old January 28th 06, 03:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Violent airliner landing - is this real?

JohnH wrote:
Denny wrote:
The really interesting point is that video is hosted on a porn site...
Now those of us who clicked on that url will be recorded as 'porn
searchers' when google turns over their data to the feds and they
will... Nice, eh?

denny

Why would the feds care about people looking at porn, the most searched item
on the internet?

The feds are actually looking for people who are trafficking in child
porn. Society's mores have not quite sunk so low that the exploitation
of children for sexual gratification is generally considered
acceptable. But it is getting there.

Old January 28th 06, 05:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Flyingmonk" wrote in message
oups.com...
Guess that should've been duct tape huh?

Actually, there is a brand of "duct" tape that is called "duck tape." It's
your lucky day.
--
Jim in NC

Old January 28th 06, 05:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"B A R R Y" wrote

Ever fly a 50 pound turbine model, like the ones seen at Florida Jets
or Top Gun? That tape looks exactly like some of the jets I've seen
landing on Palm Beach Polo grounds groomed turf.

Also remember, outside of the USA, aircraft can be much larger, as
many other countries don't subscribe to the AMA 50 (or is it 55?)
pound limit.

At some of the larger meets (Nall) they stop the AMA sanctioned meet for a
half hour at noon, and then they pull out the big stuff. They have not
violated the AMA rule, that way. There is no US or FAA law against flying a
model above 55 lbs.
--
Jim in NC

Old January 28th 06, 09:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On Sat, 28 Jan 2006 00:14:07 -0500, "Morgans"
wrote:

"B A R R Y" wrote

Ever fly a 50 pound turbine model, like the ones seen at Florida Jets
or Top Gun? That tape looks exactly like some of the jets I've seen
landing on Palm Beach Polo grounds groomed turf.

Also remember, outside of the USA, aircraft can be much larger, as
many other countries don't subscribe to the AMA 50 (or is it 55?)
pound limit.

At some of the larger meets (Nall) they stop the AMA sanctioned meet for a
half hour at noon, and then they pull out the big stuff. They have not
violated the AMA rule, that way. There is no US or FAA law against flying a
model above 55 lbs.

It takes two guys to cary out some of those scale T-6 racers and they
appear to way well in excess of 55#
..

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com
Old January 28th 06, 01:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

So did that plea work? Did you get off?

"Flyingmonk" wrote in message
ups.com...
Montblack wrote:

I got charged with disturbing the peace and drunk in public! "But your
honor! I was drunk inside! They carried me outside! and your honor!
My mouth was taped shut! I couldn't have disturbed the peace!"

LOL miss those college years...

The Monk

Old January 30th 06, 12:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On 2006-01-27, Denny wrote:
The really interesting point is that video is hosted on a porn site...
Now those of us who clicked on that url will be recorded as 'porn
searchers' when google turns over their data to the feds and they
will... Nice, eh?

Google doesn't own the entire Internet. If you clicked on the link, you
didn't do it by searching Google, you just clicked on a link.

--
Dylan Smith, Port St Mary, Isle of Man
Flying: http://www.dylansmith.net

A&P heroics Jim Piloting 31 July 18th 05 07:26 PM
Ejection -v- Forced Landing Cockpit Colin Naval Aviation 27 April 2nd 05 11:47 PM
VW-1 C-121J landing with unlocked nose wheel Mel Davidow LT USNR Ret Military Aviation 1 January 19th 04 05:22 AM