Jim Weir on the "Tonight" show?

Old August 14th 03, 09:39 AM
Roger Halstead

On Wed, 13 Aug 2003 19:02:26 -0700, Jim Weir wrote:

Heh.

Let me lay some thoughts on you...and I've expressed this opinion before...

The largest optical telescope that we have, the Mt. Palomar telescope can see
approximately 1000 billion miles into space. The second largest, Mt. Hale, can
see approximately 100 billion miles into space.

You could put the Mt. Hale telescope INSIDE the Mt. Palomar telescope and STILL
not see my chances for winning.

Yah, but you can say with all honesty that you ran for governor in the
state of California in the 2003 recall election...Yah really don't
have to say "recall" unless some one asks. And...looking at the list,
I'd bet you don't come in last either...although that Porn star will
probably have a lot of boosters.

I've collected a total of $12, both in mail from this ng and holding a tin cup
out on the street. I've spent $3540. Somewhere there is a deficit of $3528.
That's a LOT of avgas OR Jet-A.

$12! And I hear "Arnie" isn't even looking for donations. :-))

www.rogerhalstead.com
N833R World's oldest Debonair? (S# CD-2)

Jim

Roger Halstead

-Autogas? By then you'll be filling up your new plane with Jet-A at
-the taxpayers expense.

http://www.rst-engr.com

Old August 14th 03, 03:23 PM
Ron Natalie

"James M. Knox" wrote in message ...
Jim Weir wrote in
:

You could put the Mt. Hale telescope INSIDE the Mt. Palomar telescope
and STILL not see my chances for winning.

Yeah, but go back and re-read "The Mouse That Roared". Then realize that
you just *might* win, and be afraid... be very afraid.

Or the movie "The Candidate" (the one with Robert Redford)

Old August 14th 03, 04:34 PM
Big John

BOb

Beware those rip offs. TEXAS was built on BBQ.

Big John

On Wed, 13 Aug 2003 23:27:46 -0500, Barnyard BOb --
wrote:

I knelt at the shrine back in '84, along with a side trip to Gates BBQ joint and
a trip to the Royals baseball park.

However, a straight line between Grass Valley and Kitty Hawk runs pretty much
directly over MKC. We may just see you on the way in December -- either in the
182 or the Governor's Citation, one or the other {;-)

Anybody around there have autogas on the airport for sale?

Jim

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Jim:

FRESH MOGAS is $1.50 at K34 - Gardner KS Airport.

I'm 42 miles ENE of there @ 3GV in MO.
MKC is justa' bout between.

P.S.
I prefer Arthur Bryant's BBQ meself.

Barnyard BOb - Memphis has the real BBQ

Old August 14th 03, 04:50 PM
Big John

Jim

What you need is getting some name recoginization.

For example, can you land in the Rose Bowl. The publicity would be
worth a million dollars when the media got their teeth into it. You
might have to dissasemble the A/C to get out but........

There are other things you can do to get in the paper or on TV. Think
out of the box.

Your 30 second sound bite woud be that you accomlished the impossible
(landing in Rose Bowl) and you will do the same with California.

If I were back in CA I'd join your team. Arnold signed up Buffett and
you need some old gray foxes like BOb and me to even the playing
field.

Go gett'em tiger

Big John

Old August 14th 03, 04:55 PM
Jim Weir

Why do you persist in giving me straight lines like this?

{;-)

Jim

Roger Halstead

Old August 14th 03, 04:57 PM
Jim Weir

Hiram Johnson was just such a governor of California, back in the 19teens. He
was such a dark horse that when the press came to the door to wake him up the
next day and told him he had won, his first words were immortalized:

"My God, what do I do now?"

Jim

"James M. Knox"

-Jim Weir wrote in
:
-
- You could put the Mt. Hale telescope INSIDE the Mt. Palomar telescope
- and STILL not see my chances for winning.
-
-Yeah, but go back and re-read "The Mouse That Roared". Then realize that
-you just *might* win, and be afraid... be very afraid.
-
-James M. Knox
-TriSoft ph 512-385-0316
-1109-A Shady Lane fax 512-366-4331
-Austin, Tx 78721

http://www.rst-engr.com
Old August 14th 03, 04:57 PM
Dave Anderson

COOL you'll see my buck when it's ready!!!

"Jim Weir" wrote in message

I been runnin' my fool head off for two weeks and that is definitely on

the
"today" list. I'll have it up and running by suppertime.

Jim

"Dave Anderson"

-I tol' ya once I'll tell ya agin.
-
-Setup a PayPal "donate" account. No out-of-pocket cost to set it up.

You
-could probably get PayPal to promote it.

http://www.rst-engr.com

Old August 14th 03, 05:34 PM
Barnyard BOb --

BOb

Beware those rip offs. TEXAS was built on BBQ.

Big John

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I've lost nothing in TEXASS, but a small fortune.

Barnyard BOb --
Old August 14th 03, 05:42 PM
Jim Weir

Big John

-
-For example, can you land in the Rose Bowl.

Yes, I can land in the Rose Bowl. OTOH, I value the tickets in my hip pocket
more than I value the Governor's chair.

-
-If I were back in CA I'd join your team. Arnold signed up Buffett and
-you need some old gray foxes like BOb and me to even the playing
-field.

Hell, BOb's only five years older than I am. Wha's this old gray fox crap?
{;-)

-
-Go gett'em tiger

You betcha...