2-32 vertical stab and rudder needed

Old December 27th 11, 06:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
GARY BOGGS

Default 2-32 vertical stab and rudder needed

Hopefully someone has the parts I need. Usually the tail surfaces are
the only thing that survives most crashes. Let me know if you know of
any around please.

Boggs

Old December 28th 11, 03:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
T[_2_]

On Dec 27, 9:24*am, GARY BOGGS wrote:
Hopefully someone has the parts I need. *Usually the tail surfaces are
the only thing that survives most crashes. *Let me know if you know of
any around please.

Boggs

Ouch, hopefully it is not your prized wave soarer.
Sorry, but no 2-32 parts here. Have you tried Les?

Old December 28th 11, 08:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
GARY BOGGS

42 wrecks listed he

http://alturl.com/bahvk

I have gobs of hours in this wonderful ship, and I can't understand
how so many people spin these birds in? It gives you so much
warning.

1. Stick Back...
2. Nose High....
3. Speed Drops!
4. Gets Quiet!!!...er.... this is a relative thing..
5. Controls Get Sloppy!!!!
6. Buffet!!!!

I guess if you are in a high bank turn it could catch you by
surprise.

Boggs

Old December 28th 11, 08:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
GARY BOGGS

Have you tried Les?

I can get the parts from Les, but it will be much cheaper, and easier
if I can locate a replacement. Surely you know someone that knows
someone that has the very parts I need in a hanger, or a barn,
somewhere here in the West?

One of my earlier posts never showed up here? Why does that happen?

Boggs

Old December 28th 11, 08:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
T[_2_]

On Dec 28, 11:34*am, GARY BOGGS wrote:
42 wrecks listed he

http://alturl.com/bahvk

I have gobs of hours in this wonderful ship, and I can't understand
how so many people spin these birds in? *It gives you so much
warning.

1. Stick Back...
2. Nose High....
3. Speed Drops!
4. Gets Quiet!!!...er.... *this is a relative thing..
5. Controls Get Sloppy!!!!
6. Buffet!!!!

I guess if you are in a high bank turn it could catch you by
surprise.

Boggs

That is an incomplete list of accidents. I know of one that nose dived
onto a lakebed on a winch tow that is not listed. Failure of tow
release, Schweizer hook, side tension. Failure of winch operator to
employ guillotine or guillotine failure.

I think Les picked up the parts to that one. No I was not flying it,
but I know who was.

As we say in the B1 with terrain following engaged, "Speed is Life!!"
Old December 28th 11, 10:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
GARY BOGGS

One of my earlier posts never showed up here? *Why does that happen?

Here is the link to the one up in Montana:
http://alturl.com/kix5g

It probably won't be released for a few months yet. This was one of
the better news stories on a crash that I've seen.

Boggs