ANDY FOR PREZ

Old December 23rd 04, 05:40 PM
Cribsheet

Default ANDY FOR PREZ

ANDY FOR PREZ

Andy Rooney on "60 Minutes" a few weeks back:

I don't think being a minority makes you a victim of anything except numbers.
The only things I can think of that are truly discriminatory are things like
the United Negro College Fund, Jet Magazine, Black Entertainment Television,
and Miss Black America. Try to have things like the United Caucasian College
Fund, Cloud Magazine, White Entertainment Television, or Miss White America;
and see what happens... Jesse Jackson will be knocking down your door.

Guns do not make you a killer. I think killing makes you a killer. You can kill
someone with a baseball bat or a car, but no one is trying to ban you from
driving to the ball game.

I believe they are called the Boy Scouts for a reason that is why there are no
girls allowed. Girls belong in the Girl Scouts! ARE YOU LISTENING MARTHA BURKE?

I think that if you feel homosexuality is wrong it is not a phobia, it is an
opinion. I have the right "NOT" to be tolerant of others because they are
different, weird, or tick me off.

When 70% of the people who get arrested are black, in cities where 70% of the
population is black, that is not racial profiling, it is the Law of
Probability.

I believe that if you are selling me a milkshake, a pack of cigarettes, a
newspaper or a hotel room, you must do it in English! As a matter of fact, if
you want to be an American citizen, you should have to speak English! My father
and grandfather didn't die in vain so you can leave the countries you were born
in to come over and disrespect ours.

I think the police should have every right to shoot your sorry ass if you
threaten them after they tell you to stop. If you can't understand the word
"freeze" or "stop" in English, see the above paragraph.

I don't think just because you were not born in this country, you are qualified
for any special loan programs, government sponsored bank loans or tax breaks,
etc., so you can open a hotel, coffee shop, trinket store, or any other
business.

We did not go to the aid of certain foreign countries and risk our lives in
wars to defend their freedoms, so that decades later they could come over here
and tell us our constitution is a living document; and open to their
interpretations.

I don't hate the rich. I don't pity the poor. I know pro wrestling is fake,
but so are movies and television. That doesn't stop you from watching them.

I think Bill Gates has every right to keep every penny he made and continue to
make more. If it ticks you off, go and invent the next operating system that's
better, and put your name on the building.

It doesn't take a whole village to raise a child right, but it does take a
parent to stand up to the kid; and smack their little behinds when necessary,
and say "NO!"

I think tattoos and piercing are fine if you want them, but please don't
pretend they are a political statement. And, please, stay home until that new
lip ring heals. I don't want to look at your ugly infected mouth as you serve
me French fries!

I am sick of "Political Correctness." I know a lot of black people, and not a
single one of them was born in Africa; so how can they be "African-Americans"?
Besides, Africa is a continent. I don't go around saying I am a
European-American because my great, great, great, great, great, great
grandfather was from Europe. I am proud to be from America and nowhere else.

And if you don't like my point of view, tough---DON'T PASS IT ON!!

Old December 23rd 04, 06:13 PM
Paul Tomblin

Bull****.

--
Paul Tomblin
http://xcski.com/blogs/pt/
Old December 23rd 04, 06:16 PM
Gene Seibel

Not by Andy Rooney according to snopes.com.
http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/rooney4.asp But good stuff.
--
Gene Seibel
Confessions of a Pilot - http://pad39a.com/publishing/

Old December 23rd 04, 06:17 PM
Gary Drescher

"Cribsheet" wrote in message
ANDY FOR PREZ

Andy Rooney on "60 Minutes" a few weeks back:

[...malicious fabricated quote snipped...]

The attribution of this reactionary drivel to Andy Rooney is a lie. See
http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/rooney4.asp for documentation.

Rooney has vigorously denounced the sentiments contained in the fabricated
quote. He stated: "About a year ago, I became aware of a more serious theft
of my name and it is so hurtful to my reputation that it calls for legal
action against the thief. Hundreds of people have written asking if I really
wrote the 20 detestable remarks made under my name that have had such wide
circulation on the Internet. Some of the remarks, which I will not repeat
here, are viciously racist and the spirit of the whole thing is nasty, mean
and totally inconsistent with my philosophy of life. It is apparent that the
list of comments has been read by hundreds of thousands of Americans, many
of whom must believe that it accurately represents opinions of mine that I
don't dare express in my column or on television. It is seriously damaging
to my reputation."

So, "Cribsheet", not only do you insist on initiating frequent off-topic
threads that impose your absurd rants on this newsgroup, and not only do you
lack the courage even to put your name to your views, but you are
furthermore so dishonest as to falsely attach *someone else's* name to your
opinions so that he will be criticized instead of you (either you recklessly
failed to fact-check the essay's attribution before propagating it, or else
you knew it was false and broadcast it anyway). You are as contemptible a
person as I have ever encountered.

--Gary

Old December 23rd 04, 06:20 PM
Paul Tomblin

In a previous article, "Gene Seibel" said:
Not by Andy Rooney according to snopes.com.
http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/rooney4.asp But good stuff.

So you find stuff that Andy Rooney himself condems as "viciously racist"
is "good stuff", do you? Well, that explains a lot.

--
Paul Tomblin http://xcski.com/blogs/pt/
"You can get anything you want on Alice's NNTP server."
Old December 23rd 04, 06:30 PM
Gary Drescher

"Gene Seibel" wrote in message
oups.com...

Not by Andy Rooney according to snopes.com.
http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/rooney4.asp

But good stuff.

I prefer Andy Rooney's own characterization of the remarks: "nasty, mean,
detestable, viciously racist".

--Gary

Old December 23rd 04, 06:38 PM
Dave Stadt

"Gary Drescher" wrote in message
"Gene Seibel" wrote in message
oups.com...

Not by Andy Rooney according to snopes.com.
http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/rooney4.asp

But good stuff.

I prefer Andy Rooney's own characterization of the remarks: "nasty, mean,
detestable, viciously racist".

--Gary

Then again Andy is so far left he can barely see Ted Kennedy.

Old December 23rd 04, 06:48 PM
Gary Drescher

"Dave Stadt" wrote in message
m...

"Gary Drescher" wrote in message
"Gene Seibel" wrote in message
oups.com...

Not by Andy Rooney according to snopes.com.
http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/rooney4.asp

But good stuff.

I prefer Andy Rooney's own characterization of the remarks: "nasty, mean,
detestable, viciously racist".

--Gary

Then again Andy is so far left he can barely see Ted Kennedy.

Only in parochial America are business-party leaders like Ted Kennedy
considered left-wing.

--Gary

Old December 23rd 04, 08:58 PM
Jim Fisher

"Gary Drescher" wrote in message
So, "Cribsheet", not only do you insist on initiating frequent off-topic
threads that impose your absurd rants on this newsgroup, and not only do
you lack the courage even to put your name to your views,

Chill, Gary! "Cribsheet" is simply a Usenet spammer/troll. He will never
see your message to him. He does this (I assume) just to **** as many
people off as possible by sending the same message to hundreds of groups at
a time.

(but the comments in the "Rooney" thing that I've seen a dozen times over
the years is right on the money)

--
Jim Fisher

Old December 23rd 04, 09:50 PM
Gary Drescher

"Jim Fisher" wrote in message
"Gary Drescher" wrote in message
So, "Cribsheet", not only do you insist on initiating frequent off-topic
threads that impose your absurd rants on this newsgroup, and not only do
you lack the courage even to put your name to your views,

Chill, Gary! "Cribsheet" is simply a Usenet spammer/troll. He will never
see your message to him. He does this (I assume) just to **** as many
people off as possible by sending the same message to hundreds of groups
at a time.

No, I haven't seen his post except on a couple of aviation newsgroups.
Google shows it on just a few other groups.

--Gary