Happy Birthday Marines

Old November 11th 06, 03:49 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ol Shy & Bashful

Default Happy Birthday Marines

From a Korean era Marine.....SEMPER FI
Rocky

Old November 12th 06, 12:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
vincent p. norris

From a Korean era Marine.....SEMPER FI
Rocky

Same to you, from another.

(But I don't recall ever meeting a bashful Marine!)

vince norris
Old November 13th 06, 10:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
gatt

"Ol Shy & Bashful" wrote in message
oups.com...
From a Korean era Marine.....SEMPER FI

*Salute*

"We surrounded. That simplifies things." -Chesty Puller

-c

Old November 14th 06, 03:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

gatt wrote:
"Ol Shy & Bashful" wrote in message
oups.com...
From a Korean era Marine.....SEMPER FI

*Salute*

"We surrounded. That simplifies things." -Chesty Puller

-c

I thought that was the classic bad news, good news joke. "Bad news
men, we are surrounded. Good news men, you can shoot any direction
you want!"

Old November 14th 06, 04:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
N2310D

I thought that was the classic bad news, good news joke. "Bad news
men, we are surrounded. Good news men, you can shoot any direction
you want!"

I'm coming into this thread late so forgive me if you've heard this one:

"You're making the wrong assumption that a Marine by himself is
outnumbered!"
General Peter Pace,
Chairman of the Joint Chiefs
Khost, Afghanistan

Sempre Fi!

Old November 14th 06, 05:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
gatt

wrote in message
oups.com...

"We surrounded. That simplifies things." -Chesty Puller

I thought that was the classic bad news, good news joke. "Bad news
men, we are surrounded. Good news men, you can shoot any direction
you want!"

Wikipedia has some great Puller quotes, mostly I think from Guadalcanal.

"All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of
us, they're behind us...they can't get away this time."

-c
"Take me to the Brig. I want to see the real Marines." -Puller

Old November 14th 06, 05:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
gatt

"N2310D" wrote in message

I'm coming into this thread late so forgive me if you've heard this one:

"You're making the wrong assumption that a Marine by himself is
outnumbered!"

LOL! What a stallion. Thanks for the quote. I'm a fan of Gen. Pace.

Old November 14th 06, 06:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Newps

gatt wrote:

wrote in message
oups.com...

"We surrounded. That simplifies things." -Chesty Puller

I thought that was the classic bad news, good news joke. "Bad news
men, we are surrounded. Good news men, you can shoot any direction
you want!"

Wikipedia has some great Puller quotes, mostly I think from Guadalcanal.

"All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of
us, they're behind us...they can't get away this time."

Read a few books on Chesty Puller. He was not too bright and did some
pretty stupid things.
Old November 14th 06, 06:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
gatt

"Newps" wrote in message

"All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front
of us, they're behind us...they can't get away this time."

Read a few books on Chesty Puller. He was not too bright and did some
pretty stupid things.

Says who? The authors? He's the most decorated Marine in history.

By way of comparison, what have the authors or their troll readers done for
the Marine Corps and America?