USAF squadrons in 1985

Old September 9th 03, 01:44 AM
Bob Martin

Default USAF squadrons in 1985

Anyone know where I can find a list of all active USAF squadrons in 1985
(and their airbases/aircraft), particulary those in Korea?

---------------------------

"Flying, like the sea, is not inherently dangerous... just extremely
unforgiving"

Old September 9th 03, 03:47 AM
Les Matheson

Look for an old issue of Air Force MAgazine for May of that year.
--
Les
F-4C(WW),D,E,G(WW)/AC-130A/MC-130E EWO (ret)

Old September 9th 03, 12:37 PM
Longtailedlizard

"Bob Martin" wrote in message
Anyone know where I can find a list of all active USAF squadrons in 1985
(and their airbases/aircraft), particulary those in Korea?

The AF magazine would probably be the best most accuarate source.
But also I have a copy of an 1989 edition of "The Illustrated Directory of
the USAF" by Roberts.
An example of info provided:
APO address.
Phone number.
Autovon number.
Command: Pacific Air Command.
Units: 8th Tactical Fighter Wing.
Operational Aircraft: F-16 A/B 35th TFS.
80th TFS

Old September 9th 03, 12:46 PM
Longtailedlizard

An example of info provided:
APO address.
Phone number.
Autovon number.
Command: Pacific Air Command.
Units: 8th Tactical Fighter Wing.
Operational Aircraft: F-16 A/B 35th TFS.
80th TFS

And that would be for Kunsan AB, South Korea.
Old September 9th 03, 05:46 PM
Leslie Swartz

Bob:

Not exactly; no- however, try the April 1987 edition of the Air Force
magazine. April is (I believe) the "Air Force Almanac" edition. It
includes all kinds of summary information about bases and budgets and
programs and . . . stuff like htat. Will list every operating location and
who operates out of it.

Steve Swartz