Airport buyer may have been murdered.

Old June 21st 05, 02:48 PM
George Patterson

Default Airport buyer may have been murdered.

Anyone who misses Marlboro airport in New Jersey might be interested in this

http://www.newsday.com/news/local/wi...,3247180.story

George Patterson
Why do men's hearts beat faster, knees get weak, throats become dry,
and they think irrationally when a woman wears leather clothing?
Because she smells like a new truck.
Old June 21st 05, 09:55 PM
Matt Barrow

"George Patterson" wrote in message
Anyone who misses Marlboro airport in New Jersey might be interested in

this

http://www.newsday.com/news/local/wi...,3247180.story

Maybe...but sounds a bit like paranoia to me. Sounds very much like Howard
Hughes and his paranoia.

Also, a bolt coming loose on a 40 year old airplane...???

Old June 22nd 05, 01:47 AM
George Patterson

Matt Barrow wrote:

Maybe...but sounds a bit like paranoia to me. Sounds very much like Howard
Hughes and his paranoia.

Also, a bolt coming loose on a 40 year old airplane...???

Well, the Asbury Park Press ran another story today. Basically, this guy had
made an offer on the airport, which had been accepted. He intended to keep it
open as an airport. A developer also wanted the property for a restricted age
community development.

When the plane went down, the FBI launched an investigation. One week later, the
NTSB announced the probably cause as a bird strike. Knocking the tail off a
twin? (I have a bridge to sell you, too).

The FBI figured the NTSB knew their stuff and dropped the investigation. The
airport was sold to the developer.

Fast forward. For a variety of reasons, the developer paid several bribes to
several township officials to get zoning changes made for the property. The FBI
has been investigating these guys over the years, and is now pressing charges on
seven people, including the former mayor and the developer. During the process
of this investigation, it came to light that the NTSB has absolutely no evidence
or reason to believe that there was a bird strike. As a result, the FBI is
reopening their investigation. The NTSB refuses to comment.

Now the aircraft may not have been sabotaged, but there's pretty much no way it
could've been a bird strike -- we don't have condors here. And anyone who thinks
it's paranoia knows nothing about New Jersey.

Old June 22nd 05, 02:24 AM
Orval Fairbairn

In article ky2ue.18471$fa3.11776@trndny01,
George Patterson wrote:

Matt Barrow wrote:

[...]

The way developers covet airports, it would not surprise me one bit.
Developers are the most politically influential group in state and local
government.

Old June 22nd 05, 03:12 AM
Matt Barrow

Matt Barrow wrote:

[...]

All the while I was reading your response I was thinking of EXACTLY what
your conclusion stated.

But then, the same could be said about any major city...and quite a few
small ones (as one in the development business, I can attest to).

Old June 22nd 05, 03:14 AM
Matt Barrow

news
George Patterson wrote:

Matt Barrow wrote:

[...]

Yes and no -- try developing ANYTHING in California. Less extreme but
stultifying nonetheless are many other areas in which the EPA thinks they
own EVERYTHING.

--
Matt
---------------------

Old June 22nd 05, 03:21 AM
Carl Orton

I got my certificate there in 1981. Fun little airport - especially the hi
voltage lines of of rwy 9 in the NJ summer - 95 degrees, 95% humidity. You
really had to manage your airspeed and flare!

Since I grew up in the area, I'll just say that George has it right on about
the paranoia.

Old June 22nd 05, 03:31 AM
George Patterson

Matt Barrow wrote:

But then, the same could be said about any major city...and quite a few
small ones (as one in the development business, I can attest to).

Marlboro is a relatively small township; however, most of New Jersey is corrupt.
The mayors of several small to medium-size towns in Monmouth County were
recently indicted as the result of Federal sting operations and other
investigations. One is on record as telling one of the investigators "I can
smell a cop a mile away." I'm just glad the Feds are finally taking an interest;
the State will never do anything.

A couple weeks ago, we went to an open house at an estate a few blocks away.
Turns out that it was built by the guy who was the original model for "The
Godfather." They only put his son away a few years ago. Dunno how much of his
empire is still intact. And that's just one of the larger operators.

Old June 22nd 05, 03:32 AM
Bob Noel

In article ,
Orval Fairbairn wrote:

The way developers covet airports, it would not surprise me one bit.
Developers are the most politically influential group in state and local
government.

The airport NIMBY goons aren't the most?

--
Bob Noel
no one likes an educated mule

Old June 22nd 05, 03:37 AM
George Patterson

Bob Noel wrote:

The airport NIMBY goons aren't the most?

Not usually. Most of them don't have enough money.

Then, there's Forbes & crew.

George Patterson
Why do men's hearts beat faster, knees get weak, throats become dry,
and they think irrationally when a woman wears leather clothing?
Because she smells like a new truck.

Palo Alto airport, potential long-term problems... [email protected] Piloting 7 June 6th 05 11:32 PM
WI airport closure Mike Spera Owning 0 March 9th 05 01:53 PM
N94 Airport may expand into mobile home community, locals supportive William Summers Piloting 0 March 18th 04 03:03 AM
Rules on what can be in a hangar Brett Justus Owning 13 February 27th 04 05:35 PM