Snowbirds.....

Old September 4th 08, 03:13 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Canuck[_2_] Canuck[_2_] is offline
Banned

Default Snowbirds.....

"Snowchickens."
--
Andrew Chaplin
SIT MIHI GLADIUS SICUT SANCTO MARTINO

Wouldn't it be great if they didn't mothball the CF-18's and gave a few of
them to the Snowbirds? I know it would cost a few bucks...but...it is time
to retire those Tutors.

Nick

Old September 4th 08, 06:34 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Jon Anderson

Canuck wrote:

Wouldn't it be great if they didn't mothball the CF-18's and gave a few
of them to the Snowbirds? I know it would cost a few bucks...but...it is
time to retire those Tutors.

Don't know about that. I saw them at the Reno Air Races some
years ago, and the lack of speed and noise was rather
refreshing. The slow and graceful maneuvers were
spectacular, I think the best aerial routine I've ever seen.
I was off the airport property, a narrow strip of land along
what I think was the north boundary. Standing in line with
the runway, the Snowbirds would come swooping down in
formation, low and slow enough I could clearly see the
pilots. The Thunderbirds were fast and noisy and took a lot
of airspace turning around to come back for the next pass,
during which they were more or less out of sight. Everything
the Snowbirds did was right there, up close and personal.
Someday they'll have to move on, I know, and I really think
something will be lost in that move.

Just my opinion of course....

Jon
Old September 4th 08, 02:41 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Canuck[_2_] Canuck[_2_] is offline
Banned

"Jon Anderson" wrote in message
Canuck wrote:

[...]

I've seen the Snowbirds several times and they never fail to impress.
Unfortunately, the Tutors are way too old and nobody else uses them any
more. To me, it would make sense to give them some of the CF-18s that have
been mothballed. Why should they collect dust when they could be put to good
use?

Nick

Old September 4th 08, 05:02 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Bill & Ange

The only other country that used them was Belguim, and they retired them
quite some time ago. There are still a number in storage at CFB Mountain
View just for the team. It seems the current aircraft that they would go to
is the BAe Hawk. The same type the Red Arrows currently use.

-----------------
-----------------
Old September 4th 08, 08:01 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Canuck[_2_] Canuck[_2_] is offline
Banned

"Bill & Ange" wrote in message
The only other country that used them was Belguim, and they retired them
quite some time ago. There are still a number in storage at CFB Mountain
View just for the team. It seems the current aircraft that they would go
to is the BAe Hawk. The same type the Red Arrows currently use.

The Hawk would be a great replacement as well. It is quite a nice aircraft
and the Red Arrows put on quite a display with it.

Nick

Old September 5th 08, 12:09 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Maple1

Not True the other user Malaysia

Belgium used the CF-100

Old September 6th 08, 12:26 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Maple1

Yea I know LOL
-----------------

Old September 6th 08, 01:55 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Bob Harrington

Jon Anderson wrote in
:

Canuck wrote:

[...]

I vote they put the Tutor back into production just to keep 431 Sq in
business. Grace, beauty - and humor - have always been the greatest
strengths of the Snowbirds.

Bob ^,,^

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CT-114_Snowbirds-Overcast.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	272.1 KB
ID:	28737
Old September 6th 08, 02:00 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Bob Harrington

"Bill & Ange" wrote in
:

The only other country that used them was Belguim, and they retired
them quite some time ago. There are still a number in storage at CFB
Mountain View just for the team. It seems the current aircraft that
they would go to is the BAe Hawk. The same type the Red Arrows
currently use.

That might be a fair compromuse. I've never had the pleasure of seeing the
RedArrows in person, but photos show they are every bit as clever as the
Snowbirds. The Royal Saudi Air Force also has a Hawk equipped demo team.

We have a privately owned Tutor here in Washington State.

Bob ^,,^

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CT-114_N4017B_114017_CLM_9-02_D.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	28738

Some winter flying pix for you snowbirds out there... Jay Honeck Piloting 18 January 11th 08 04:54 AM
2007 photos Snowbirds Maple1 Aviation Photos 0 December 29th 07 05:39 AM
Proposal to Provide Aircraft to Snowbirds BLR Aviation Marketplace 0 September 16th 06 07:12 AM
Snowbirds Crash Jay Honeck Piloting 12 August 26th 05 09:51 PM
Snowbirds down tony roberts Piloting 24 December 15th 04 04:38 PM