Rogues Gallery (1/1)

Old January 24th 04, 07:53 PM
Jay Honeck

Default Rogues Gallery (1/1)

Hey Badwater Bill,

Did you want these included in the "Rogue's Gallery"?

:-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old January 24th 04, 08:21 PM
Kevin Horton

On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 17:40:32 +0000, Badwater Bill wrote:

--nice images snipped--

We're into this slippery slope stuff again. My ISP, and many others, has
different policies for newsgroups that have binaries than they do for
newsgroups that are text only. They keep many weeks of messages for the
text only newsgroups and only a few days of messages for the ones that
allow binaries.

Now I know that the occasional binary from one guy isn't going to make any
difference. But if it is OK for BWB to post binaries, then it is OK for
everyone to post them, and next thing you know ISPs will decide to back
off on how long they keep the messages around.

So, BWB (and everyone else) please refrain from posting binaries here. You
could put it on alt.binaries.pictures.aviation and just let us know you
posted it. Or you could put it on a web page.

Have a nice day.

--
Kevin Horton RV-8 (finishing kit)
Ottawa, Canada

Old January 24th 04, 09:02 PM
Jay Honeck

So, BWB (and everyone else) please refrain from posting binaries here. You
could put it on alt.binaries.pictures.aviation and just let us know you
posted it. Or you could put it on a web page.

Correct. That's precisely what the "Rogue's Gallery" is -- a webpage
designed specifically for rec.aviation newsgroup participants to post
pictures of their airplanes!

You can post pix of your plane there, too. See it at:
http://www.alexisparkinn.com/rec_aviation.htm
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old January 24th 04, 10:46 PM
Badwater Bill

On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 19:53:19 GMT, "Jay Honeck"
wrote:

Hey Badwater Bill,

Did you want these included in the "Rogue's Gallery"?

:-)

Why Hell yes. For the pilot's name, just put El Diablo.

BWB

Old January 24th 04, 10:48 PM
Badwater Bill

On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 20:21:08 GMT, Kevin Horton wrote:

[...]

Yeah, ya gota good point. I don't do it often. Don't want to screw
up the ng any more than the morons have already screwed it up with
lack of content.

BBWWAHAHHHAAAAAAA

BWB

Old January 24th 04, 11:13 PM
Dale Larsen

"Badwater Bill" wrote in message
-Here is my AT-6 in the Grand Canyon. The government has made all of
-this "No Fly" restricted airspace.

Cool photos, Bill. It's now "no fly" 'cept fer them peske heliocopters.

Old January 24th 04, 11:36 PM
Jay Honeck

Why Hell yes. For the pilot's name, just put El Diablo.

Sorry, we took a (rather unscientific) vote in November, and the consensus
was not to allow "anonymous" posters in the Rogue's Gallery. After all,
the idea of the gallery is so that we all get to know one another better --
so being "anonymous" kinda defeats the purpose.

So I don't think "El Diablo" will work, BB!

:-)

Old January 25th 04, 12:38 AM
Badwater Bill

On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 23:36:54 GMT, "Jay Honeck"
wrote:

Why Hell yes. For the pilot's name, just put El Diablo.

Sorry, we took a (rather unscientific) vote in November, and the consensus
was not to allow "anonymous" posters in the Rogue's Gallery. After all,
the idea of the gallery is so that we all get to know one another better --
so being "anonymous" kinda defeats the purpose.

So I don't think "El Diablo" will work, BB!

:-)

Since I wasn't here, I didn't vote, but my vote would have been the
same. I hate anonymous cowards. Put up my real name but I'll bet
most people search on BWB if they want to look.

BWB

Old January 25th 04, 12:39 AM
Badwater Bill

On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 23:13:15 GMT, "Dale Larsen"
wrote:

"Badwater Bill" wrote in message
.. .
-Here is my AT-6 in the Grand Canyon. The government has made all of
-this "No Fly" restricted airspace.

Cool photos, Bill. It's now "no fly" 'cept fer them peske heliocopters.

Yep. I ran that run over 500 times before they put in the regs. The
only way the helos do it is with a contract with the Indian Nation
too. The Reservation charges them to go down in there.

Bill