Why didn't Bush fight?

Old August 30th 04, 03:18 AM
Kevin Brooks

"Bob Coe" wrote in message
news:RavYc.15665$ni.6189@okepread01...
"ArtKramr" wrote

Then a 4 month rush of wounds and Purple Hearts,and he's on his way

home.

Same with a lot of guys who hit Omaha Beach, The Hurtgen Forest and

Bastogne.

I thought you were at 10,000 feet? How would you know?

One minute he is telling us he was at 10K feet, the next he is telling us he
was in the trenches during the Ardennes Campaign. Actually, Art's stories
are beginning to sound a lot like Kerry's--lots of contradictions created by
the storyteller himself, and repeated refusal to address those
contradictions.

Brooks

Old August 30th 04, 05:14 AM
Jack

Olivers wrote:

sanjian extrapolated from data available...

Jack wrote:

William Black wrote:

With the exception of a few like Kerry, who was almost certainly
considering a political career even then, did anyone WANT to go to
Vietnam to fight?

Yes, plenty of USAF, Navy and Marine, and Army rated officers wanted
to go there and did.

You may be surprised to know how many of them agree with Mr. Black.

It's important to realize that most active duty officers in the US
military in the years in question were not "professionals" or as many of us
reserve officers spoke of them, "Lifers"....

Having been in the USAF through those years I am well aware of both your
and Black's points. It should be noted that even though we might assume
that true volunteers for VN were in the minority even among rated
officers, those who did volunteer were not only those with political
and/or professional ambitions, but also included those with a sincere
desire to contribute to our country's stated goals, even as Reserve or
"non-professional" officers.

I have not decided for myself yet whether it was we true believers, or
those unfortunates who were not so much in control of their own
destinies, who mere more poorly served by the misapplication of American
power in SEA. Certainly all were misused, though some satisfied their
personal goals in spite of that and are the better for it.

Jack

Old August 30th 04, 06:18 PM
ian maclure

On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 17:00:32 -0500, Leslie Swartz wrote:

Dan:

Art represents the best argument against the draft I have come across in
over 26 years of service.

The thought that there are draft age people out there as seriously
wigged out as Art is a tad disturbing.

IBM

The Worlds Uncensored News Source

Old August 30th 04, 09:31 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Kyle Boatright" wrote in message

I added Art to the wastebin a couple of months ago. He has a lot to offer
the group as an ex-WWII aircrew, but his signal to noise ratio is way
outta
whack.

Even his stuff about WWII B-26 ops is of little value as his memory is now
so poor he can't separate fact from fantasy.

Old August 31st 04, 12:57 AM
Steven P. McNicoll

"ArtKramr" wrote in message

Besides Clinton was a great president.

Actually, Clinton is the worst president the US has ever had.

Bush was th worst in history.

While Bush is not a great president, he's far from the worst in history.

Wish Clinton were back in office right now.

Of course you do, because you know if he was still president Saddam would
still be running Iraq and the Taliban would still be running Afghanistan.

Old August 31st 04, 01:24 AM
OXMORON1

Art bellowed:
When it comes to reneging Bush is king of the hill. At least Clinton didn't
join the reserve and then go AWOL. Besides Clinton was a great president.
Bush
was th worst in history. Wish Clinton were back in office right now.

Hell Art, Clinton signed up for advanced ROTC then reneged on the agreement.
I will agreed that Clinton is not the worst President ever for the US, but he
sure made a lot of others look real good.

Rick Clark
MFE

Bush's guard record JDKAHN Home Built 13 October 3rd 04 09:38 PM
George W. Bush Abortion Scandal that should have been Psalm 110 Military Aviation 0 August 12th 04 09:40 AM
bush rules! Be Kind Military Aviation 53 February 14th 04 05:26 PM